06. The Boy and The Funeral

Start from the beginning

Diego dipped Guinevere and lifted her up as the twins danced together.

"Look at the way, we gotta hide what we're doin'. Cause what would they say, if they ever knew and so we're running just as fast as we can. Holdin' onto one another's hand. Tryin' to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say, I think we're alone now. There doesn't seem to be anyone around..."

The music cut and the lights turned off.

Diego and Guinevere held their son and daughter tightly as they ran outside, joining his siblings.

There was a blue fluctuating mass in the sky.

Diego instantly pushed his wife, holding their daughter, behind him. He set their son down next to Guinevere.

Klaus ran out, armed with a fire extinguisher. "Out of the way!" He ran past his siblings, sister-in-law, niece and nephew and threw the fire extinguisher into the blue mass.

"What is that gonna do?!" Allison yelled.

"I don't know!" Klaus shot back. "Do you have a better idea?!"

The energy mass kept crackling and got bigger.

Luther stood in front of his siblings, holding out his arms. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Everyone get behind me."

"Yeah, get behind us," Diego added.

The twins stared in awe at the blue mass.

"I vote for running," Klaus said. "Come on."

No one moved and instead, they looked at the growing mass. The twins' eyes widened as they mass grew bigger.

An older man reached a hand out towards them.

The thunder boomed and Liam hugged his mother's legs, not liking the sound of the thunder.

Everything fell silent when the figure dropped to the ground. As soon as it disappeared, Guinevere noticed a boy in a suit. She vaguely remembered the picture of the boy hanging above the fireplace. The boy was wearing the old Umbrella Academy suit she remembered the Umbrella Academy kids wore.

The boy picked himself up and Klaus asked, "Does anyone else see little Number Five or is that just me?"

Five stared at them and looked down at his baggy clothes then back to his siblings. "Shit."

He locked eyes with Liam, Layla and Guinevere who stared back. He looked between the twins and Guinevere, realizing he was an uncle.

They made their way into the kitchen and Five grabbed a breadboard, setting it on the table. As he walked towards the fridge, Guinevere situated the twins on her lap.

"What's the date?" Five asked. "The exact date?"

"The 24th of March," Guinevere answered.

Five nodded. "Good. Welcome to the family."

"How do you -- never mind. The future."

"I'm sorry I missed the wedding."

Luther frowned. "So are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Five didn't answer. "It's been 17 years."

Five scoffed at Luther's words. "It's been a lot longer than that."

He spatial jumped past Luther to get to the cupboard and Luther muttered, "I didn't miss that."

"Where did you go?" Diego demanded.

"The future. It's shit, by the way." He jumped back over to finish his sandwich and locked eyes with the twins. "You two want one?"