I Good Bye, My Old Man I

K A B A N A T A XVIII

Third Person's POV

"W-Who?" She stated as she examined the man's face and she can't see anything but the genuine emotions of it. Ngayon ay pansin niya na ang unti-unting pagputla ng mukha at labi nito. His symbols started to fade until it was completely banished. Leaving her watching an old man kneeling on the floor bathing in his own blood.

"My precious daughter." Parang biglang nawalan ng lakas ang katawan ng babae ng marinig ang mga salitang iyon ng lalaki. Puno ng pagkabiglang napatitig siya sa mukha nito. Her lips slightly parted upon realizing what the man had just stated.

H-He has a daughter?

"W-What?" Hindi makapaniwalang usal niya dito. This old man that she despises the most has a daughter? A family? Parang bigla siyang kinilabutan dahil sa ngiting namutawi sa labi ng lalaki. Its as if he's starting to reminisce all of his memories before.

"Just like other creatures in this world, I was once a normal civilian with a happy and contented life, with my family. My most precious treasure is my daughter. She's the reason why I started to become stronger, to protect her and the woman I love—" Muli itong napatigil at muling napaubo ng dugo.

She's starting to get really worried as her curiosity grew wider about the man's story. Kaya naman hindi niya na natiis ang sitwasyon nito at siya na mismo ang humugot sa punyal na nakatarak sa dibdib nito.

"D-Don't—"

"Shut up old man! Can you stop getting on my nerves already?" Galit na usal niya dito at pilit na iniwas ang tingin sa lalaki. Hindi naman maikakaila ang panandaliang gulat sa mukha ni Gallore dahil sa ginawang iyon ng babae.

He is already giving her a favor to punish him for all his sins. But here she is, using her very own magic to heal him instead. That undoubtedly brought a soft smile to the old man's bloodied lips.

The woman cast a single healing spell towards the man's open wound. Ngunit ilang segundo na ang lumipas ngunit ni hindi man lang nagbago ang sugat nito, nanatili ang pagdaloy ng sariwang dugo nito doon. Kaagad na nabalot ng kunot ang noo ng babae dahil sa nangyayari.

She looked up at him and saw the most heartbreaking thing she had ever seen in her life. The man's eyes and face are in so much ease, it's as if he had already accepted his very own end. Sunod-sunod niyang nailing ang ulo at muling nag-usal ng healing spell. This time, she summoned multiple spells to heal him. She's using all her spell slots and boosting her magic into one healing spell until her nose starts to bleed, but she stubbornly continues.

"It's no use ija..." Pagod na usal nito sa kanya at marahang hinawakan ang kanyang kamay.

"...pinapagod mo lamang at inaaksaya ang iyong kapangyarihan sa akin." Mahinang bulong nito. He somehow still managed to smile at her. Sunod-sunod siyang umiling dito habang pilit na pinipigilan ang luhang iyon sa kanyang pisngi.

She can't even believe that she's about to cry seeing the man who cursed her accept his own defeat.

"No—This is not how you're supposed to die. D-Don't... I haven't made you pay yet for every bad thing you have done to me." Maging siya ay hindi maintindihan kung bakit unti-unting nawawala ang galit sa kanyang boses. Her last words are like whisper of desperation for him not to leave.

"C-Can you hear this old man's last tale?" Nakangiti nitong usal sa kanya. She wanted to shake her head but she can't seem to move a bit as tears started to run down her face. Kagaya nga ng sabi nito ay balewala lahat ng kanyang spell para pagalingin ang sugat nito.