I A New Threat I

Magsimula sa umpisa

Cooperating with them was never something he would waste time doing. They each view the situation differently. They wanted to take advantage of him and the power he inherited from his mother, making them basically the same to those evil warlocks.

If not for the pack, he would never want to use this power. The coven wants him to put the entire pack aside and concentrate on their mission of eliminating those evil warlocks. He would never do that. Magkamatayan na pero nakasalalay sa mga desisyong gagawin niya ang buhay ng buong pack.

"Alpha." Muling pagtawag ni Jake. He has an idea in mind but he doesn't think Greyson would consider it. Kaagad na ini-angat ng lalaki ang tingin sa sariling Beta. There's a hint of hesitation in Jake's eyes which instantly vanishes and is replaced by a determined expression.

"Now that they already know about Everly, isn't it the right time to reveal her to the whole pack—" Hindi pa man siya nakakatapos sa suhestyon ay mahina ng iniling ni Greyson ang ulo. Completely rejecting the idea.

"--No, it's too risky." Mabilis na putol niya dito. Napabuntong hininga naman si Jake bago humarap sa kaibigan. This time, he is thinking about the entire pack, not just Everly's condition. They needed a Luna right now, which was difficult to admit but was the reality of being in a pack.

They require more than just a capable and powerful alpha. But someone they could adore as the healer for the entire pack. Someone who has the power to uplift the group with her words and unfaltering love for everyone.

That is what a Luna should be. Supporting the pack like it was her very own family. Pero sa likod ng ediyang iyon ay naiisip din ni Jake na hindi magiging ganun kadali ang lahat oras na pumayag si Greyson.

"Hindi ba't mas masisiguro ang proteksyon ng Luna kung sakaling naririto siya sa central mansion? At least here we have tons of soldiers to protect her and manang. Wala ng dahilan para itago pa ang ating Luna dahil siguradong gagawin ng ating mga kaaway ang lahat para masaktan siya. And at Everly's state right now, I strongly think that she needed your protection more than anything else." Patuloy na paliwanag niya dito, pero hindi man lang natinag ang paninindigan nito na tanggihan ang kanyang suhestyon.

"Then what? Let our enemies here have another thing they could use against me? Pagtanggap pa nga lang sa akin bilang Alpha nila ay napakahirap na. Paano pa kung malaman nila ang tungkol kay Everly? Do you really think it would be that easy?" Pero nanindigan si Jake sa kanyang ediya. Wala siyang ibang naiisip na paraan upang masiguro ang kaligtasan ni Everly kundi ang dalhin ito dito sa pack.

Despite how absurd the idea may seem, Jake is still holding out hope that the Alpha will somehow understand. What matters now is not the pack's reaction to Everly; rather, what will happen to the pack if something happens to their Luna?

Knowing those evil warlocks could do everything to harm the pack it adds more danger in letting Everly stay in the mansion along with manang. Parang binigyan na lang din nila ng oportunidad ang kanilang kaaway na magawa ang gusto ng mga ito kay Everly.

"Our enemies here wouldn't dare lay their finger on Everly. Especially that the whole pack is watching. We could at least handle the consequences of the pack knowing about everly, that letting her and manang alone in the mansion. That would be more risky, don't you think." Jake pointed out the obvious but Greyson's mind is sealed with nothing but disapproval of his suggestion.

Even if Greyson never admits it. Something changed in him when he met his mate. As he spends more time with Luna, his affection for her grows even stronger. His willingness to use his magic over her is one indication of this. Knowing how cautious Greyson is about not provoking the pack with his power, they hardly ever witness this.