Her hand I was holding closed into a fist all but her pinky, I shook my head yet again. Remembering when we did this before our second date. I brought mine up to hook around hers and kissed my hand just as she kissed hers. Then she pulled me along behind her while she headed towards the door. I smiled to myself looking down at our hands and eyeing the rose ring sat perfectly on her ring finger.

I hadn't noticed it there before but, now that I have I didn't know what to make of it. Did this mean she actually seen herself marrying me?

Soon we were in the car and she was talking about how she was sad for leaving Max by himself. But, all I could think about was how this evening could go two ways. One, I could completely lose it and tell Nathan and her parents off. Or two I'd end up actually containing myself and get through this. I myself couldn't wait to find out which of the two options would play out.

Once we finally pulled up to her parents house I seen Gracie and Derek laughing with each other by her car. I got out, rounding the hood of my car to open Belle's door and she slipped her hand into mine. She led me unknowingly towards Gracie. I thought it was cute she was walking in front of me but still managed to make sure we were holding hands.

"Why aren't you inside yet?" she asked Gracie.

"Because, I didn't want your mom to send me away." she laughed and Derek shook his head.

"Come on." Belle continued to lead me to her front door with Gracie and Derek behind us.

After she knocked on the door it opened a second later to reveal Linda. She looked quite mad and was about to say words to Belle before she noticed the small crowd. Until she noticed me, my hand was suddenly let go and I fought my innerself on grabbing her hand again.

"Belle it's nice to see you." she greeted, unexpectedly pulling her into a hug that I'm sure annoyed her but, deep down I know she was a sucker for it.

"Yeah." I heard her mumble before pulling away, "So this is Derek, Gracie's boyfriend and Derek this is my mom Linda." Belle introduced, "And you already know Liam."

She smiled but, I think we all seen through it as she shook Derek's hand unwillingly, "Nice to meet you." Derek smirked, loving the energy around him.

I couldn't quite read Linda's facial expressions before she shifted her gaze to me, "Hello Liam." I smiled slightly.

"Hey." I responded.

"Well come in." she motioned, "Belle, Nathan is already here." she called out behind her while she began walking back to the dining room.

I tensed, looking down at Belle who was already peering up at me, "I'd say that went great." Derek spoke up, stepping inside the house first with Gracie who was laughing.

Belle's hand found mine and we followed after the obnoxious couple. Her thumb caressing my skin as we went in a soft manner. Just before we made it to the dining room she pulled her hand from mine. I closed my hand into a fist as I found Charlie happily chatting with Nathan just to his right. Linda was to his left and next to her Gracie took a seat, to spite her I'm assuming.

The fact that I now know why she hates her parents makes me understand her a lot more. And I'm glad that she stood up to Belle's parents for her when she couldn't. It still amazed me though how Belle could be friends with her when she was the complete opposite of her.

Nathan's eyes briefly met mine but, that seemed to be the only greeting we would give one another. It was way more than I'd ever give. I watched Derek happily sit next to Gracie after having pulled her chair out for her. Clearly loving that they'd mess with Belle's mother. This left two open spots, one next to Nathan and one next to Derek.