|| 081|| Spectral 💀 O/F (SAU)

Start from the beginning

Though you expected the shark to give you a friendly, sharp toothed smile, you didn't expect for her to give you a rather forceful pat on the back. You assumed it was supposed to be a friendly gesture, but Gura just didn't know her own strength.

You and Gura quickly laughed about it while Calli looked on with a nervous expression, like she was worried Gura had actually hurt you.

"C'mon Calli! They're fine. In fact, why don't you do it!" You know, for a reaper, Calli was surprisingly against hurting anyone by the way she reacted.

Calli nervously glanced around with you and Gura smirking. The reaper was stumbling over her words, much like she did on her streams sometimes, you noted. You had to admit, it was kinda cute.

"Are... are you sure? I mean, I don't wanna hurt you if I hit too hard by accident..." Calli looked over her shoulder to see Kiara looking at her. The phoenix motioned something that you couldn't quite understand, but it made Calli flushed, so you assumed it was something to do with Kiara teasing her.

Turning back around, Calli was met with the wide stare of you, simply watching and waiting to see what she would do. Gura was giving her a gremlin look, something she must've learned from a certain detective.

After a few more moments of contemplation, Calli gave you a pat on the back. It was maybe a little harder than she meant for it to be, but still had less force than Gura's, although that wasn't what felt off.

You felt a rather weird tingle run up your spine, like goosebumps. You brushed it off as soon as Gura announced that she was hungry and the others started going into the quaint little building that was the ramen shop.

On the way in, Calli tried to catch your eye to see if you had felt the same shiver, but you had already started a conversation with Gura about what you and Gura wanted to eat. You'd never been here before while Gura had only been once or twice.

Clenching her fist, Calli simply followed with Kiara following directly on her heel. She didn't really want to confirm the thoughts that were running rampant in her head.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You ended up staying at the ramen shop (which turned out to have a lot more food than just ramen) for a lot longer than you expected, simply chatting and trying new foods.

There was an awkward tension between you and Calli that everyone but you seemed to notice, but chose to ignore.

Gura recommended several different foods, though you chose to listen to Ina when it came to the ramen as it was her favourite food. Several times throughout the day, Gura mixed random foods together, creating several abominations that would put Haachama's cooking to shame, though the shark didn't mind and would always eat whatever she created.

After paying the bill, the ten of you were on your way back to the apartment buildings (1). You sure hope that you didn't wake any of the others up on your way in. You knew Marine could be quite pissed off when woken up at around 11pm at night.

Since Amelia had decided to partake in sampling in the sake that the shop, she had gotten progressively more and more tipsy, so by the time you left the detective was being supported by both Gura and Ina. It was quite a funny sight.

But the one thing that had been bothering you was the fact that Calli had been uncharacteristically quiet for sometime. Even Kiara had decided to make conversation with you and a few of your genmates. Well... there was one point on the way back home where the phoenix and the reaper had exchanged a few hushed words that involved Calli showing her something in her hand.