Chapter 15: The Gesture

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THE GESTURE

Tyler's POV

"You have to get back with him." Greg said for the millionth time as he continued stacking boxes in the storage room of Sacred Strings.

He'd been telling me those same seven words each time I repeated what happened between Zack and I. I made it as clear as possible but yet he had the same answer every time. I thought Greg would be dancing up and down after I told him when he picked me up from the Paintball Park, but no! He wants to take the high road and push me away.

"You don't get it; he tried to hurt me... on purpose!" I clenched my teeth and widened my eyes to look distressed. Unlike the rest of the store, the storage room was lit up and I could see his face clearly.

The room was pretty spacious, probably as big as my room. They really had a lot of things to store like music sheets and novelty picks.

He looked annoyed, marking off each box he stacked on his clipboard. Was I really that much of a nuisance?

"The fact is that you had one little bump in a relationship you thought was going to be perfect and ran away. People get hurt in relationships, get over it." He huffed, adding the last box to the bottom shelf.

"I can't just pop up on his doorstep and say 'Just kidding, let's get back together!' I just ended things half an hour ago." I sighed, leaning on the wall.

What did I just do? Was I really that much of a coward that I couldn't take things when they got tough?

"I know that was your first relationship so you don't really know how they go. After a fight, you work things out, not break up."

"What if he doesn't want me back? What if he already moved on?"

"Remember, you broke up with him just a half hour ago." He smiled, "Anyways, you're Tyler; he's going to take you back."

"You're right, I am pretty awesome." I chuckled.

"I didn't say all that."

"It's included in the premium Tyler package."

"Whatever." He gently pushed me back before leaving the storage room.

I followed him back to the front desk where Sophia, his coworker and best friend, stood. I didn't think she liked me because it always seemed like she was giving me the evil eye when Greg wasn't looking.

She was tying her blonde dreads into a bun when we walked in and she gave me the same look again. What did I do to her?

"The replacement pieces are all here." Greg told her as he handed her the clipboard. "Slow day, huh?"

"Monday afternoons are always slow." She yawned. "Still heading to ink on Wednesday?"

"Yeah, I'm still drawing up some new designs."

"Cool. I'm getting the ol' septum re-pierced."

"Again? Isn't this like the fourth time?"

She shrugged. "I always miss it. How about you Tyler? Got anything pierced?"

I shook my head. "My mom would stab me before I get a piercing."

"Mama's boy, huh?" she snorted. "Such a pussy."

"Ease up Sophie." Greg said, pinching her shoulder.

"Ouch! It's not my fault he's scared of his momma."

She was really starting to get on my nerves. "Look here Sophie"—

"Greg is the only one who calls me that. To you, I'm Sophia." She snapped.