Chapter 6: Revenge War

CHAPTER SIX: REVENGE WAR

Zack’s POV

After yesterday, I didn’t think I could be happy. I thought I was cursed for eternity, forced to lie on my bed as I was forced fed my mom’s runny Mac and Cheese through a tube. To be honest, I would have deserved that because I broke a lot of hearts, most on purpose. I always knew he liked me and tonight he proved it, finally going in for the kiss first.

Even though I didn’t want Vanessa to intervene, I was happy she did. I knew she did it to get on mom’s good side since she was bragging to her, asking for a later curfew.

She got her new curfew… and a shampoo bottle filled with green dye. Maybe next time she’ll learn about the meaning of privacy. I wished there was school tomorrow so everyone could see her while I strut the halls with Tyler’s hand in mine.

I nearly lost hope in him when I saw Chelsea dancing with him. Gina was telling me about how her redheaded friend had a crush on Tyler for years. I thought he was going to pick her over me and I was l glad to be proven wrong. He was mine and I was his, nothing could ruin this.

=

Tyler was crazy. He woke me up early, calling my phone repeatedly. At first I thought it was my parents calling to tell me that something horrible happened to Vanessa so I let it go to voicemail but after the umpteenth ring, I angrily grabbed my iPhone from my nightstand. All the rage I had for someone waking me flew out my window once I saw that it was Tyler phoning me.

I answered it instantly, waiting to hear his soothing voice.

“Get out here you crack-head!” he hollered into the line. The harsh dis sounded so sweet when he said it, not making me want to kick his balls.

“No good morning?” I yawned, jumping off my bed and walking out my door to enter the upstairs’ bathroom.

“It’s one o’clock.”

“On a Saturday, that’s six AM to me.” Usually, I would’ve ended up falling off my bed near five, so this was a big change.

I heard him sigh and pictured him rolling those crystal blue eyes of his. Oh, it was too early for me to be turned on. “Hurry up; I only have an hour left.”

“Hour for what?” I smiled, a bit intrigued.

“To hang out before my mom comes home. I’m grounded for the weekend.”

Aw, he was breaking out to meet me. How Romeo and Juliet of he.

“Let me take a quick shower and I’ll be down.”

I barely let my Old Spice body wash dry on my skin before I rinsed it off and ran back to my room to dress down in a plain black tee and some khaki cargos. After slipping my Nike slides over my white tube socks, I slid down the wooden banister of the stairs, landing perfectly for the first time. I knew I would nail it one of these days.

Vanessa was waiting at the bottom, still sporting the green hair from last night. She literally looked like the hulk, accessorizing a frown so deep that it almost looked like a colorless rainbow.

“I helped you feel better and this is what I get in return?” she scowled, folding her arms.

“That is payback for something else.” I copied her arm cross.

“I had to miss the party because I was so embarrassed. I look like a spawn of a leprechaun.”

“Aren’t leprechauns redheads?”