31

Puck was laying in bed when Quinn called.

"Hey, Q."

"Hey." Quinn replied.

"I'm glad you called." Puck stated. "Finn's here."

"Yeah, he texted me he was there." Quinn said.

"Listen, you and Beth are safe here." Puck told Quinn. "I would never let anything happen to either of you."

"I know that." Quinn said. "And when you told me on the phone that something happened, I was okay. I didn't think it was so bad. But then I saw your eye, Puck."

"My eye's gonna heal." Puck reminded Quinn.

"Yeah, but it's not just that." Quinn responded. "Sober or not, I'm not comfortable with your dad being around Beth. I honestly never was comfortable with it, but I thought he was okay."

Puck took a deep breath.

"I'm not coming back to that house unless he's not around." Quinn stated. "I can't put Beth at risk and I can't watch you get beat up."

"Beth's fine." Puck said. "Just come back."

"Noah." Quinn sighed. "The fact that you can't even understand where I'm coming from or put our daughter ahead of your need to help your deadbeat father is exactly why I'm not coming back."

"I understand, Quinn." Puck swore. "But Beth's safe here and so are you."

"You once told me you never wanted her to grow up the way you did. You really don't see that that's exactly what this is turning into?" Quinn asked.

Puck didn't say anything.

"I care about you." Quinn told Puck. "But if being with you means putting Beth at even the smallest risk, I can't do it. So I'm gonna go, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Quinn, wait." Puck said. "I'll get rid of him."

"What?" Quinn asked.

"I'll get rid of him." Puck repeated. "Give me until Saturday, okay? I'll put him in a hotel or something and you and Beth can come back and things will be okay."

"Noah." Quinn sighed.

"Look, you're right." Puck said. "I said I don't want Beth growing up like I did, and I meant it. I want her to have a good house with normal parents and to be safe."

Quinn didn't say anything.

"If getting rid of my dad means I get my daughter, I'll do it." Puck continued. "I'll do anything for her."

"We can talk more about this the next two days." Quinn decided. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." Puck echoed. "Sleep tight."