21

"You're bleeding." Mercedes noted. "Where's Beth?"

"In her room." Puck answered.

"Before I go up there, do you want me to call someone?" Mercedes offered. "Quinn? The cops?"

"No." Puck said. "No, Quinn's working. I'll talk to her when she's home. Just get Beth out of here while I take care of this."

"Puck, this looks bad." Mercedes stated.

"I'm fine." Puck promised. "Just get Beth out of here. Please."

Mercedes sighed as she left the room and went upstairs.

Shortly after, Puck heard the front door slam shut. Since Beth was gone, he grabbed his dad and dragged him upstairs.

Puck brought James down the hall, shoving him into his room and locking him in. When James was locked away, Puck went back downstairs to clean up the kitchen.

Carefully, he cleaned up the broken glass, putting it in the outside trash can. When the kitchen was back in order, Puck went to his bathroom to see how bad his face looked.

Puck had small cuts on his cheek under his eye from the glass James had thrown at him. His eye was already starting to swell shut from being punched. He cleaned up the cuts and returned downstairs for ice for his eye.

About an hour later, Puck's phone went off. He looked at the screen and saw it was Quinn calling.

"Hey, Q." Puck answered the phone.

"Hey." Quinn said. "I'm all done."

"We'll be there soon." Puck replied, running to grab his wallet and shoes. "How'd it go?"

"I think it went well. At first, I was nervous, but it honestly ended up being a lot of fun." Quinn told Puck. "JJ and Eliza were really great, too. We talked about you a lot actually."

"Really?" Puck asked.

"Yeah, they wanted all the dirt." Quinn answered. "But don't worry, I didn't give away all of your secrets."

"Thanks." Puck said. "We can talk about this more when we're all together again. I'm just gonna run and get Beth and then we'll be there."

"What?" Quinn asked softly.

"I said I'm leaving now." Puck replied as he ran out of the house and got in the car.

"Where's Beth?" Quinn wondered.

"She's fine, she's with Mercedes." Puck said. "There was a thing with my dad, but Beth wasn't anywhere near it. And I'm taking care of it."

"What thing?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"Can we talk about it when I pick you up?" Puck requested.

"Fine." Quinn said as she hung up the phone.