6

“This town is noisier than I expected,” the Princess said.

There were in the middle of one of the towns outside the capital, after having escaped the castle in the dark of night.

Although this settlement is large, there is nothing there for the royal family. Hence, this is the Princess’s first time in these busy streets.

The Princess looks at the hustle and bustle around her from atop a horse, her face was hidden deep within her hood.

Everything she saw looked new.

The scenery she only saw through the windows of her carriage, she could now walk to herself.

“But no matter what food I eat, it’s not delicious.”

She makes a troubled face as she chews on skewers bought at a stall. The Princess’s tongue was spoiled, the royal palace’s chef was amazing.

“The beds are also hard.”

At the inn where they took a rest, the Princess looked suspiciously at the blanket laid over a wooden board.

The Lady Knight also took her to nearby tourist attractions so the Princess wouldn’t get bored. However, what was fun for the common people was just boring for royalty.

“Hey, I’ve just realized something,” the Princess said.

“What is it?” the Lady Knight asked.

“This life isn’t fun at all,” the Princess said. “The food isn’t good, the beds are hard, everything is dirty, and the water has sand at the bottom.”

She concludes:

“Perhaps I made the wrong choice.”

It was news to her.

However, the Lady Knight already knows.

“Let’s go back to the castle tonight,” she said. “We’ll disguise ourselves and sneak back in.”

The Lady Knight felt the escape had gone too easily, she wondered why that was, but she couldn’t say it out loud.

The Princess wants to return as soon as possible. However, if you travel back along the highway, it’ll be as long as the journey coming here. After deliberating it for a while, the Lady Knight decided to cross the Windy Hill, which would act as a shortcut if she went in a straight line.

And then a Dragon appeared in the sky, headed towards the Windy Hill.