4

The date was set in the palace, in the First Queen’s garden.

The flowers are in full bloom, you can hear the chirping of small birds from somewhere.

The trees are arranged to hide the surroundings, giving the illusion that the people inside are separated from the outside. It’s like getting lost in a dream world.

The Princess sits at an open-air table in the well-tended garden, waiting for her date. She doesn’t know what kind of person he was, she just heard he was a Prince from the neighboring country.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.”

The Princess looked up and her eyes shot wide open.

“Why are you so surprised? Am I really so unusual?”

The Seventh Prince of the Country had arrived.

Since there were dozens of heirs to the throne, being a single-digit successor was far better than you might think. There was no issue. Other than the one problem, that is.

The marriage of convenience is being supported by the neighboring countries.

Even if the oldest, unmarried Seventh Prince is 10 years old, he became a political pawn like his brothers.

Yes, he is a 10-year-old boy.

10 years-old! Clearly, a child compared to the 16-year-old Princess. Although she was confused, the Princess manages to compose herself. She calmly, quietly exhales, then shouts inside her heart:

“This boy before me with a serious attitude is to be my betrothed!”

Believing it a joke, she turned to look at her mother, the First Queen.

“Oh, Seventh Prince, you’re just as handsome as the rumors said!”

She was praising him.

“I could stand to get a compliment from you, you should relax your shoulders and talk,” the Seventh Prince says.

He speaks so arrogantly, but when a child does it, his giant smile outweighs the hatred.

No, the Princess has second thoughts.

She did not come here to make her date smile. She’ll think of any way to refuse this. But it ends up in vain.

According to her mother, the First Queen, this was a date intended to lead to marriage.

That the truth was that his date was offered to the neighboring country as a marriage than an engagement proposal. Hence, the Seventh Prince had come to confirm this was the woman he was to marry, this wasn’t a date, it was to decide on the marriage date.

The Princess couldn’t believe it.

Everything had already been decided.

The Princess felt like running to the Lady Knight right at that moment but put on a fake smile so she wouldn’t ruin her mother’s reputation.