"Stalling"

It had been three days since the hosu incident and 6 days since the hero course students started taking internships. Meaning it was the internship's end. Izuku and Kyoka had recently left the Edgeshot agency and were currently sitting on the train on the way back to Musutafu. It was still early in the morning but it would take a while for them to reach their destination.

The two were sitting in silence. Izuku had a lot on his mind. Naturally, he knew that he would have to explain to his mother about Hosu and his quirk. Even if he hangs at Kyoka's place, he would be stalling. The situation is unavoidable and he has to face his fear. The fear that is his mother's decision.

Kyoka looked at Izuku, she could tell what was on his mind. "So, you going to crash at my place or are you going straight home?" She questioned her crush, looking at him with all seriousness. Either option is a win for her if you think about it.

"Ehhhh..." He winced before giving the final answer. "I-...I'm going to talk to her. I already know it's inevitable... I might as well power through it right?" He said with a sigh. Kyoka hummed.

"Well, we still have four hours and a half to go before we reach Musutafu. Let's at least prepare you for what's to come." She spoke with her hand on her chin. This was mostly because both Kyoka and Izuku know that he isn't ready, not yet at least.

"...Alright." He agreed hesitantly, knowing this was going to be one long trip back. But he must do what needs to be done.

-

"...You know, I was fully expecting you to ask me to pretend you were my mom and put me through all the possible outcomes." Izuku said as he looked down on his phone to see a series of questions that Kyoka wrote down for him.

"What? No thats stupid and you and I both know I'm too lazy for that. Plus, I know for a fact you've seen at least three movies that tried that technique and it never works." She replied. "This would be easier...I think." Izuku looked at her with a deadpan look. "Look I don't know!"

"One of the questions is. "What if your mom says, "What if you fall and don't get back up?"." He said and Kyoka nodded.

"Yea, what about it?"

"Explain to me why one of the answers is "Tatakae, Tatakae"."

Kyoka scratched the back of her neck. Being caught red handed, she naturally looked away. This left Izuku sighing as he began to choose the answers he thought were right. Kyoka was watching him and thought for a moment. She never actually met his mom before... 'I did not think this through...'

After a few minutes, Izuku finished the questions. "Alright, done."

"Coolio."

"So what now?" He questioned.

"Nothing."

"Huh?"

"Green Bean, look. Why do you think you chose those answers?" She questioned him, he tilted his head.

"Because I thought they were right?" He replied to her question, not really understanding where she is trying to go with this.

Kyoka nodded. "Yea, if you chose those answers because you think they were right, then they were right. There isn't really a wrong or right answer about this. The answer just has to be appealing, show her that you know what being a hero means and you will go through with it." She explained with a smile.