ITS NOT THAT OBVIOUS IS IT?

Start from the beginning

"hey ethan." octavia said, walking towards ethan to give him a hug. christian's whole demeanor changed.

"hey you guys." ethan said letting go of the hug and giving izzie a side hug.

octavia was practically piercing into ethans soul with her eyes when christian noticed, "h-hey octavia."

octavia was too focused on ethan to respond. instead she gave him a faint smile.

christian mentally slapped himself and mumbled to himself, "right.. right."

izzie moved beside christian and whispered, "a+ for effort." he pretended to be confident, "hm, it's apart of the plan." she slowly pat his back, "mhm, im sure it is chris."

"anyways.." octavia started and she pulled ethan away, "show me around." they were walking away when ethan mumbled, "you've been here plenty of times." octavia, still pulling his hand, "i forgot where everything was."

isabella and christian watched as the two of them walked away. isabella looked to christian who seemed disappointed and nervous, "you still like her?"

christian backed away nervously, "pshh.. what? fancy her? nah no what no."

"it's okay, i won't tell anyone. if they don't already know." izzie reassured him.

he moved back towards her, "it's not that obvious is it?"

izzie giggled, "to everyone but her." she looked at how christian still seemed stand-offish and added, "if it makes you feel any better, whatever they have going on won't last long. ethan isn't interested and octavia doesn't know what's good for her. but she's my bestfriend so don't tell anyone i said that."

he seemed like he needed to hear that but didn't wanna talk about it anymore, "hey, not to ruin us potentially becoming mates here but uh.. actually never mind."

izzie furrowed her eyebrows. by now the two of them were sitting on the sofa, izzie backed up a bit, "christian do not project your feelings onto me."

he became frantic, "no.. no! i wouldn't.. i would never!" izzie looked at him funny, "not that i would never because there's something wrong with you- NOT that i think there's anything wrong with you- i just mean you're perfect, okay you're really pretty but i just-"

she interrupted him, "i was kidding, what were you gonna say?"

"i was just gonna say how come you won't talk to b?" christian asked hesitantly, "brandon, i mean." he clarified.

izzie rolled her eyes, "did he ask you to ask that?"

"no, he just won't stop talking about you." christian said noticing how she defensive she got when talking about him.

izzie was shocked, "i didn't realize it wasn't just a petty favor like usual."

christian was confused, "what do you mean?"

"well before you moved here, like way before, brandon and i used to be friends. until he-" izzie stopped herself, "actually i don't wanna talk about that." he saw she didn't like the topic, "that's cool." he said looking back to the people playing beer pong.

he looked back to izzie, "do you wanna explain beer pong to me?" izzie looked at him in confusion.

back at ethan and octavia..

ethan and octavia were standing in his kitchen. everyone who was previously in there seemed to have left.

"so ethan, we've been talking for awhile.." she started as she reached for his hand while holding a drink in the other. he quickly backed his hand away, "look octavia, we've been friends since grade school and-"

octavia cut him off, "yea, i cant believe how far we've come." ethan shook his head, "okay but what im trying to say is, im not into you like that. im sorry."

octavia was in shock. she really thought he liked her, "then what was that two weeks ago?"

ethan couldnt recall anything, "what?"

"when you kissed me at that party?" octavia was holding back tears.

"listen o, i was drunk.. we both were. i thought we were gonna leave it at that. i barely remember it." he said trying to be as nice as possible. he had hoped he wouldn't have had to do this. ethan thought that if he kept brushing her off she'd get that he didn't think of her that way.

at this point, octavia was angry, "wow ethan. thanks for leading me on!" she yelled tossing her drink on him and storming out of his house.

some people surrounding the room caught it and there were a few 'oh's'.

ethan genuinely felt bad. it wasn't entirely his fault. but that's what it felt like. he wiped his shirt and headed upstairs to his room.

izzie was explaining the concept of beer pong to christian when they noticed octavia storming out of the house. the both of them got up and went to follow her.

christian made it out the door and izzie was close behind when izzie was pulled into the coat closet by someone.

a.n. this is so long. anyways.. can we talk about how cute christian/louis is when he is confused. like can someone just explain the point of beer pong to him plsss