Chapter 10

Trigger Warning: Vulgarity

3rd POV

"Wh-What the...?"

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Naruto stared at Neji's body that was lying on the ground.

He looked around him frantically to look for the assailant, then stopped as he found them.

They wore a creepy smile, though their eyes told another story, as if rage fuelled their being, it sent shivers through Naruto's whole body.

"S-Sai?" He spoke the assailant's name with unrest and uncertainty.

"Hello, Naruto. Care to explain this?"

Naruto thought he was talking about Neji, but gasped when he took out a familiar looking phone.

It was the same phone the late principal showed him.

Naruto averted his eyes in guilt. He generally still felt horrible for everything that happened in the past few days.

And there was very incriminating evidence against him.

"Hiding stuff from your boyfriend, isn't that just swell." His voice was forceful and angry.

"Sa-" he stopped when he noticed Sai's other hand, it was crimson, soaked in blood.

"So, you noticed it then, it's fine isn't it? An equivalent exchange. Eye for an eye after all.."

"What are you—?!"

"MY SISTER DAMN IT!!"

Then it finally clicked into place for Naruto.

He felt like throwing up, of course he'd be pissed. "I-Ino's your sister?"

"Well step sister if you want to get to the nitty gritty of it." He spat out.

He walked towards Naruto, wearing his usual smile, and yet his eyes told a different story. Filled with malice, a not-so-subtle killing intent that emanated from those soulless windows.

He had a purpose. A goal, if you will. To kill the boy in front of him.

"It's funny, you know. A filthy cum dumpster like you being saved by Hyuga-sensei."

"The prodigy of the Hyuga family. Fought his way to the top. Graduated college at such a young age." His smile turned into a sneer, as if mocking the teacher's story.

"Only to lose it all because of a wannabe who can't do anything for himself. Always relying on others to make yourself feel good, aren't you just amazing." His tone was mocking, even then Naruto could feel his anger, and yet his body refused to move.

"A fat, disgusting, laughably pitiful kid who has mommy issues. Your whole existence was a mistake."

By now, Sai was right in his face. Their forehead merely millimetres apart. Naruto wanted to say something, anything at all... and yet he didn't.

He couldn't.

Because the truth was he was absolutely right.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

He felt Sai's wet fingers trace his lips, "Tell me, why did you kill her?"

"W-Who?"

"WHY DID YOU KILL MY SISTER GODDAMMIT! ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING, OR DO YOU NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU DID?!"

Sai jabbed his bloody finger on Naruto's chest so hard that he fell on the ground, he winced and stared at Sai's figure towering above him.

"I-It wasn't me?!"

"THEN EXPLAIN THIS?!"

He slammed the phone on Naruto's face, no slam would be an understatement, he practically smashed it so hard that t would leave a bruise.

Naruto trembled as he reached to look at the phone, a clear message was shown on it.

'Hey Ino! Let's meet at the park today, 5:30-ish?'

It was the same one that the principal showed him earlier, and yet something felt different about it.

Naruto reached for his pocket but Sai just kicked his arm to stop him, "Don't even try, I've already traced it. That phone is the only phone that could've sent that message. And to take down the principal just to get this damning evidence."

"B-But I d-didn't~!"

"The cameras don't lie. I have access to every surveillance tape at school, and I assure you you're the only one who entered that office that day apart from the principal herself."

'Wh-What? Didn't someone else come to the office?' Naruto thought in confusion.

By now Naruto was panicking. Sai was staring at him coldly and reached for something in his pocket.

"S-Sai, p-please just listen to me. I-I haven't killed anyone, I promise I didn't kill your sister."

Sai ignored him and took out a knife with a five inch blade, he admired the knife for a second then pointed it at Naruto.

"Say, Naruto, do you know that you stop bleeding when your heart stops beating?"

Naruto felt the flat side of the knife trace his cheek, shivering at the cold metal against his face.

"Let's test that theory, shall we?"

Sai retracted his hand and prepared to attack, Naruto closed his eyes instinctively, he prepared for the blow, silently crying as he did.

He was scared, but he was more ashamed. Ashamed that he was just about to die without a fight. Ashamed that he let Neji protect him.

And yet nothing came.

"L-Let go of me! Let fucking go!"

Naruto peeked an eye open and gasped when he saw the scene in front of him: Sai was being pressed on the ground with a security guard holding his arms.

"Wh-Wha?" He said in shock, a security guard that was examining Neji stood up and approached him.

"Are you alright, kid?"

He didn't know whether to nod or not at the question, instead he ran to Neji's side and knelt down.

This was his fault. He knew that.

There was no one else to blame. If Neji didn't want to help Naruto in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

He wouldn't have been stabbed.

"He's gonna be fine kid, the paramedics are coming, they'll make sure he'll be okay." The guard from earlier said.

Naruto sighed in relief, 'he'll be okay.'

But to Naruto that wasn't an excuse for letting him take the blow.

"Go back inside the hospital, you'll be safe in there. And don't worry, we'll make sure that guy stays away from you."

Naruto took a glance at Sai, he was absolutely seething, he didn't even try to hide his murderous intent while being held down by a guard.

Sai growled angrily, "YOU! YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU!"

"I SWEAR I WILL AVENGE HER. I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A CUM-SOAKED URINAL WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT SOMEONE HOLDING THEIR HAND!"

Naruto turned away to leave but as he did, his vision seemed to warp around him, his entire being enveloped in darkness, until he finally hit the ground.