5

Word count: 1507 (not including this)

Oikawa was out of breath. He had taken the long way back to the dorms, and it had drained him. He fell onto his bed and slept.

Iwaizumi came back later that day. He saw Oikawa sleeping and shook his head. The boy was so temperamental these past few days. Iwaizumi left Oikawa to sleep, and went on to finished his homework.

~~~

Oikawa had woken up later that evening. It was 7pm. He got up and went to find Iwa-Chan, but felt a sharp pain in his pinky halfway to Iwa-Chan. Oikawa immediately yelped in pain and called for Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi jogged over and saw Oikawa rolling on the ground, clutching his hand. Iwaizumi knew what was happening. It was the side effects for lovementoria. He dragged Oikawa onto his feet and helped the poor boy to go to the nurse.

~~~

As the boys made their way to the nurse Iwaizumi kept scolding Oikawa. "Shittykawa what's so hard about coming to terms with Ushijima?! Ushijima isn't even fazed but you're acting like you're going to die if you're within a 6 feet radius of the guy." Oikawa looked down and didn't even try to fight back. He knew he should come to terms with Ushijima being his soulmate, but he couldn't. Something about Ushijima ticked him off, and he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Iwaizumi and Oikawa finally made it to the nurse. Iwa-Chan practically threw Oikawa into the infirmary before dashing away, presumably to see his girlfriend/soulmate.

The nurse came over and upon seeing Oikawa, sighed. "Tōru. Are you here again because of lovementoria?" Oikawa turned a dark shade of red and nodded his head, embarrassed. The nurse sighed once more before sitting Oikawa down on a chair. "Honey, did you find your soulmate?" Oikawa nodded. "So why are you back here again?" Oikawa looked nervously at the nurse before saying, "Well I really hate my soulmate... I've always hated him."

The nurse frowned. "Honey, don't fight fate. You were put together with your soulmate for a reason. The God or Goddess that did this knew you two were a great match. Don't lose your life because you were too stubborn to see your soulmate from a different perspective. Don't ruin your life like I did honey." Oikawa looked at the nurse questioningly. "What do you mean you ruined your life?" The nurse explained,

"Once I was your age. I got my soulmate string when I was 19. I met my soulmate, and I despised them. I didn't know why, but I just hated them. They contracted lovemnetoria. Even though they had gotten lovementoria, I was too stubborn to see how much I truly loved them. They died a month later, and I'll never forgive myself for what I did. I don't want you to take the same path I did." The nurse started tearing up, and Oikawa tried to comfort her.

"Miss it'll be ok. I promise you I won't take the same path you took." The nurse stared at Oikawa, "You promise? If that's the case I don't want to see you at the infirmary anymore. If I see you here because of lovementoria, I will kick your ass, ok darling?" Oikawa was shook, and only responded by vigorously nodding his head.

He waved to the nurse and he left. He didn't know where to go, but he could only think of Ushijima. Oikawa ran towards Shiratorizawa Academy. His mind told him to stop and go back but his heart said to find Ushijima.

Five minutes of tirelessly running later, Oikawa had made it to the academy. Oikawa was about to step in, but realized he was still in his Aoba Johsai VBC jacket. Oikawa quickly took it off and tied it around his waist, trying to keep the logo hidden. 'Act normal. Act normal. Act like you go to Shiratorizawa Oikawa.' Oikawa kept repeating to himself. He kept his head held low and quickly walked into the school. He got glances here and there, but other than that, Oikawa was hidden.

He walked in and began running through the hallways. He saw a group of girls, and sauntered over. "Hey! Do any of you lovely ladies know where Ushijima is?" The girls looked over at Oikawa and one girl gasped. "H-hey! Aren't you Oikawa Tōru? From Seijoh?!" Oikawa put on a confused look, "Hm? What do you mean? I attend Shiratorizawa, not Seijoh! And who's Oikawa Tōru? You must have the wrong guy darling!"

The girl stared at Oikawa before saying, "Oh, my apologies! You look like him, and Ushijima should be in room C-6 right now." Oikawa thanked the girl, and rushed to find room C-6.

"Sir do you know where room C-6 is?" Oikawa asked a teacher. "Oh, it's right down the hall, take a left and it should be the second room room to the right." Oikawa bowed, thanking the teacher, and ran down the hall.

'Take a left... ok. C-1, C-3, ah! Finally, C-6!' Oikawa knocked on the door and a teacher let him in. Oikawa stood before a class of strangers, and froze. He looked at Ushijima for a second before doing something incredibly stupid. "Uh, sir, I'm a n-new transfer student." Ushijima practically fell over hearing this. Had Oikawa finally considered his request for him to join him at Shiratorizawa?!

The teacher looked surprised before asking Oikawa what his name was. Oikawa replied with, "I'm Oik- I mean Tanaka Hajime, sir!" The teacher smiled and turned to the class "Hello class! This is our new student, Tanaka Hajime. Please welcome him!" Students looked at Oikawa. Girls were gossiping and looking flirtatiously at him, while guys glared at him. Ushijima looked like he had just seen his life flash before his eyes. He stared at Oikawa with a what the hell were you thinking expression.

"Ok, Hajime, you may take a seat next to Wakatoshi." The teacher pointed at the empty seat next to Ushijima. Oikawa waddled over and sat down. The teacher didn't even bother to introduce Oikawa to what they were learning, and went back to teaching the class. Ushijima whispered to Oikawa, "Tōru, why are you here? Did you finally accept my invitation to join Shiratorizawa? Wait why did you not say your real name?"

Oikawa hesitated, "I-I was trying to find you. I don't want to die from lovementoria, so I'm trying to cure it by visiting you. I don't know why I said I was a transfer student, just go with it you olive head." Ushijima looked at Oikawa in dismay. 'I thought he hated me.'

~~~

Class had been dismissed, and Ushijima was walking with Oikawa. Oikawa felt cold suddenly, and put on his jacket. He was chatting with Ushijima when someone screamed, "IT'S OIKAWA TŌRU FROM AOBA JOHSAI!" Oikawa turned and saw several girls, all staring at Oikawa in awe. Ushijima grabbed Oikawa, "Run."

Oikawa and Ushijima took off, a mob of crazy girls chasing them. Ushijima took multiple turns, dragging Oikawa with him. After several turns, Ushijima pulled Oikawa into a janitor's closet. As they stood in silence they could hear the squeals of girls running past them.

~~~

"Phew. I think we lost them." Ushijima sighed with relief. Oikawa was silent for a while, before suddenly noticing how close Ushijima and he were together.

Ushijima had his hand around Oikawa's waist, and another hand on his back. Oikawa's head was on Ushijima's shoulder. "A-ah I'm sorry. I didn't notice how close we were Tōru." Oikawa blushed. "O-oh. It's ok. I wasn't uncomfortable or anything like that." Ushijima looked at Oikawa, "You aren't uncomfortable? I thought I made you want to puke..." Oikawa sighed, "I'm sorry about what happened the other day Wakatoshi. I was surprised and I didn't know how to handle it so I took all my anger and frustration out on you."

Ushijima embraced Oikawa. "It's fine Oikawa. I understand why you would feel that way. I apologize in advance if this makes you angry, but I like you. As a friend, and as a lover." Oikawa took a step away from Ushijima, making Ushijima lower his head in embarrassment. "I understand if you dislike me Tōru. I'm sorry if I-"

Ushijima was met with Oikawa's lips. Oikawa pulled Ushijima down and had kissed him. Ushijima stood frozen, before returning the kiss. The kiss felt affectionate. Oikawa felt as if he had found another piece of him. He felt complete and whole. Ushijima felt the same. It was like electricity.

Ushijima snaked a hand around Oikawa's waist and neck, deepening the kiss. "Tōru.." Ushijima groaned. Oikawa replied by cupping Ushijima's face. The kiss lasted for some time before the two broke apart. Oikawa was scarlet red, and Ushijima was sheepishly smiling at Oikawa.

~~~

"Do you still hate me, Tōru?"

AHHHHHHHHH. Man that was so awkward to write. This is pretty much my first time doing this so please have mercy on me 😭😭😭😭