3

Word count: 1074 (not including this)

Oikawa woke up feeling sick. He got up and sprinted to the bathroom. Iwaizumi had woken him up and went to his classes. As Oikawa vomited he called Iwaizumi "I'm not feeling so well. I don't think I'll be able to attend classes today, c-could you bring my homework back-k?" Oikawa coughed. "Oikawa you should visit the nurse again, and yeah I'll bring your homework back, stay safe bro!" Iwaizumi ended the call.

Oikawa stood up, shaking. His legs trembled as he got ready to visit the nurse. After putting on a simple shirt and some jeans he started making his way to the nurse. As he walked he felt himself getting more and more light headed. He sped up and ran to the infirmary.

~~~

Oikawa got to the infirmary and as soon as he stepped in, he collapsed. The nurse immediately hauled him over to a bed and examined him. All of his signs noted that he had "lovementoria" which meant needed to meet his soulmate or his condition would worsen. The nurse didn't who his soulmate was, so she just decided to take care of Tōru for the time being.

~~~

Lovementoria

A condition in which soulmates have been in close proximity and have met before, but have not spoke or had any contact. The resulting condition is a fever like illness that affects one soulmate. The only cure is to meet said soulmate. Ignoring one another also causes the red string to tense and cause pain. If not cured fast enough, which is roughly three to four weeks, one soulmate will die, and the remaining person will have a black string, symbolizing being soulmateless. This will cause immense pain, and may induce suicidal tendencies.

~~~

Oikawa opened his eyes. He still felt light headed. He saw that he was back in the infirmary and sighed. "Man what is wrong with me these days? Is the infirmary my second home or something now?" As those words trailed out of his mouth, he saw the nurse. "Sato-San, may I ask what happened?" Oikawa asked. The nurse grinned at Oikawa and told him, "Well you passed out as soon as you entered the infirmary. I took a look at you and you have "lovementoria", do you happen to know who your soulmate is?"

Oikawa nearly fainted at the news. Did she just say he had lovementoria?! 'No no no. I can't have that. No! If I don't meet them, I'll die, and I can't die!' "No Sato-San, I don't know who they are!" Oikawa said, sweat beads forming on his forehead.

"I'm sorry honey but if you don't know who your soulmate is, you may expect your condition to worsen to the extent that you may die."  said the nurse. Oikawa got off the infirmary bed and looked at the nurse, "How much time have I got to find them?" He asked. The nurse replied, "About one month." And with that being said, Oikawa was out of the infirmary in a flash.

~~~

Oikawa couldn't miss his classes, so he had to sit through about 6 hours of school. During that six hour time period, Oikawa could not focus at all. His mind drifted to the thought of his soulmate, and the fact that he'd only have a month left to find them if he wanted to live.

RING RING

"Ok, class is dismissed everyone, have a great week!" Said the teacher.

Oikawa sprang up and immediately went to find Iwaizumi. He found him hanging with his soulmate, booping her nose and showering her in little kisses. Oikawa hated seeing that, but went towards Iwaizumi despite this. He grabbed Iwaizumi by the arm and dragged his spiky-haired behind to an empty hallway.

"Why the hell did you drag me here?! I was having a moment with my dear soulmate! And didn't you say you were sick?" Iwaizumi whisper-yelled. Oikawa ignored him and got straight to the point. "Iwaizumi. I have lovementoria. I only have one month or I'll die!" Iwaizumi's eyes became saucers as he stared at Oikawa's pleading face. "Fine, fine, I'll help you. Where did you last see your red string glowing?" He asked.

Oikawa thought for some time before answering, "At the gym, when we were supposed to play Shiratorizawa." Iwaizumi thought and said, "Hm, we can swing by during practice which is in an hour. In the meantime you can go study or do whatever a Shittykawa would do."

Oikawa stuck his tongue at Iwaizumi and walked away. "Have fun with your girlfriend Iwa-Chan~" Iwaizumi sighed at the boy's childishness and returned to his girlfriend.

Oikawa walked off campus and felt hollow.  He wasn't hollow because he couldn't find his soulmate. He wasn't hollow because he felt stressed. Oikawa felt hollow because he still hadn't eaten anything yet! The brunette skipped over to a pastry shop owned by another elderly lady he knew. He smiled at her and ordered his all time favorite food, milk bread.

He thanked the old woman and walked off. He walked to a bench nearby and sat down. As he ate his milk bread, he read a book titled, "The History of Volleyball" Oikawa enjoyed volleyball more than most, you could even call it a sort of an addiction. He loved the feeling of hitting the ball and scoring points. He loved to see the defeated and angry looks on his opponents' faces while he smiled at them.

Although Oikawa seems like an arrogant prick, the reality is that he fears being inferior. He hates losing. He hates being worse than anyone. He was jealous of Kageyama and Ushijima. They were born with talent, and he was not. That's why he pushed himself so hard. Oikawa would train hours after his teammates left. Iwaizumi had to drag him back home, as Oikawa just couldn't and wouldn't stop practicing. Oikawa had even injured his knee, which is why he has a white knee brace on it.

And although he was popular with practically all of the girls on campus, and received compliments everyday, his smiles were often fake. Iwaizumi was the only person who knew this. He knew that Tōru rarely ever genuinely smiled. He knew Oikawa was a master at deception and faking his emotions.

Oikawa was full of secrets and surprises, which is why no one fully understood him, not even Iwaizumi.

Oikawa looked at the time, 3:40pm. He had a good 20 minutes until practice would start, so he started walking to the gym.