17: The Truth ༄

Začít od začátku

    "You left Iphorus a while ago, but I'm sure you remember when the Einar family was in charge?"

               Everyone in the room visibly tensed.

             "Good. That's the reaction you should have. Ever since then, power has bounced around from family to family within the Chiattoria clan. There hasn't been any sort of order in years, and frankly I'm growing sick of it. The other clans are starting to realize this and look for openings."

    "Openings?" Taehyung's brown eyes looked even more innocent as he asked his question.

    "There's never been a clan other than Chiattoria in charge for centuries," Namjoon mumbled in explanation. Taehyung held on to his every word. "Another clan in charge would call for an entire reform of Sirid culture, a culture that's been untouched our whole lives."

    "A broken culture," Jin added.

    Yohan waved his hand in dismissal. "Either way, this is where you all come in."

    "That has nothing to do with us though?"

    He turned his attention to Jungkook, who immediately looked like he regretted opening his mouth. He tilted his head curiously before squinting, giving the boy a once over. "Oh, I know you," he muttered. "You're from the... the Jeon family, right? The kid everyone assumed died in that fire?"

    Jungkook's jaw tightened dangerously. "What's your point?"

    "He's right," Namjoon interrupted, placing a calming hand on the youngest's shoulder. "What does all of this have to do with us?"

    "Ah, right. Well, the Min family is next in line for power." Yohan leaned back in his seat. "Which means I am next in line for power. Of course, I'm more than willing to take my rightful place in the manor, but I can't step up for two reasons." He held up two fingers to emphasize his point. "Would anyone like to guess?"

    "The person in charge right now is still alive," Yoongi muttered. "And so are their successors."

    Yohan lowered one of his fingers. "Smart boy, but you're forgetting one major thing."

    He leaned over and reached to touch the raven tattoo on Yoongi's neck with his remaining finger. His son pulled back harshly, almost knocking Eden off the bed in the process. After making sure she was alright, he shot daggers at him. "What?"

    "That's more than a clan symbol Yoongi, and you know it. It's time for you to step up."

    Something in his expression shifted for a quick second, but the moment he blinked, it disappeared. The blonde kissed his teeth, swatting away his father's hand. "I told you before I left, I'm done. I meant that."

    "Done with what?"

    All eyes in the room fell on Eden, and she immediately regretted asking. "Oh— sorry," she muttered, heating up at everyone's gaze. "I didn't mean to— I shouldn't have asked."

    "Oh?" Yohan raised his eyebrows. "She doesn't know? You didn't tell her about your past, Yoongi?"

              Yoongi hesitated, chewing his bottom lip intensely as he looked to Hoseok for support.

The brunette, who looked equally shaken up, shrugged lightly.

He shrunk in on himself, his anger diminishing and turning into complete embarrassment. "No," he mumbled. "I didn't. It wasn't-- it isn't important."

    "'Wasn't important'? It's your entire identity, Yoongi." Mr. Min leaned back in his seat and laughed, spreading his hands to gesture to the rest of them. "It's all of your identities."