Chapter 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN
Uriel was no stranger to the darkness that began to envelope him, and eased his mind from the thought of what the dominions had done, and what he was going to have to do. If what the warden and the Empuria had told him were true, he would have to bring them down, bring down the rulers of the supernatural world, empires that had ruled for thousands of years after taking power with the demise of the supreme council. The order of angels that had once ruled the supernatural world.
“Lord Uriel.” the familiar feminine voice called from behind in greeting, turning, he found Ellie standing next to him; a mirror of her consciousness. “I’m happy the warden was able to get to you in time, which I must say, we do not have long.”
“Bonnie told me everything you told her. What would you need from me to establish the connection with Zoael?”
“I can feel him, but when I try to seek out his location I can’t pinpoint where exactly he is. I suspect the others have done something to hinder our connection.”
A connection that should have been impossible, but now wasn’t the time or place for that. “I will lean you my power to draw from.” Uriel said, stretching his open palms to her.
Ellie took the archangels outstretched hand, and immediately a blight orange glow emanated from their joint hand, she could feel the warmth of his power flowing into every inch of her body, potent yet gentle.
“Where are you, my love?” Ellie mouths as she closed her eyes to focus.
Uriel could feel his consciousness, been moved from place to place, and after a moment later they got to an iron door, pushing  his power into the ward when it refused to open, it finally gave way, Ellie walked in first, and behind her, Uriel did the same. It was a fairly large room, packed with different machines; it looked like a clinic of some sort. After a moment they found Zoael.
Ellie gasped as she ran toward the angel, Uriel just stared at the machines that were hooked to Zoael’s body on all sides, and the only thing that made him control his rage was the fact that right now he was linked to Ellie, and could seriously hurt her if he gave into the urge of his rage.
“Zoael.” Ellie calls as she kneels down and cupped his face, he was on his knees and looked as white and thin.
“Ellie, you can’t be here.” Zoael said in a coarse voice.
“I have been trying to reach you.” She tells him.
“You have to go, Ellie.” Jopel will know you are here, he has the place heavily warded.
“It is but my consciousness that is present, my love, mine and the archangel’s.”
Zoael’s eyes, for the first time moved to focus on Uriel’s.
“Uriel.” he called.
“They called him right after you went missing.” Ellie said.
“Uriel, you are in danger. Jopel and the others do not wish to remain in the shadows any more, they wish to reveal themselves to the humans and bring their leadership on earth to the surface. They made a hint to that path but I tried talking them out of it. I never knew they would go this far. They are somehow drawing out my divinium, for what purpose I do not know.”
“How is that possible?” Uriel asked. It was possible to drain an angel of his divinium but it was done manually only by the archangel who held the ranks of thrones and the older seraphim. So how was Jopel able to replicate that here? The answer dangled at the edge of his mind, because science had always been the breach between the possible and the impossible.
“He has been drawing out my divinium; just enough not to kill me and starts again once I regain just enough grace, and I think some of the members of  the order of the wardens are involved as well. I have a feeling calling you to earth means they are getting close to the next stage of whatever they have planned, which will be in two days as that is the amount of time the usually give me to regain.” Zoael paused to even out his breath.
“I have a favor to ask of you archangel, please if I don’t make it…” he turns to Ellie who was now wimping, “Protect my Ellie, my court and humanity.”
Uriel held compassion for the battered angel, his wings of charcoal grey lying limp on the ground. “Where are you been held, can you tell me?” just then, they heard footsteps approaching.
“You have to leave. Someone is coming.”
“Where are you, Zoael?” Uriel asked.
“They are keeping me somewhere in Mount Shell! You have to leave now!”
Touching the crying woman’s shoulder as Zoael struggled to reason with her to leave, Uriel snapped his hands and they are back in his mind.
“Send me back, please Archangel.” She said still shaking with a new sense of determination.
“I’m sorry, but if that was Jopel coming then he would have been able to tell I was there, even if he is unable to see us, and that would mean dead, for you and Zoael. Ellie, I need you to remain strong, for Zoael. I am coming…”
***
Uriel eyes opened and he zeroed in on a worried looking Judea. He had arrived while he was in the trans. “Uriel, he calls out in greeting.”
“I’m going to rain the wraths of heaven on Jopel, and the other dominions. How dare he try to fool me! How dare they try to fool me?” In an instant, the shaking was back.
“Shit, he is going to blow!” Eagle said, a hint of panic in his voice.
Bonnie moved instinctively, touching Uriel slightly on his fisted palm on the table which sizzled with raw celestial power. The kind she knew, could reap her and all those in the room to pieces.