Chapter 9

CHAPTER NINE
“I will not allow this to happen. I’m calling the council of dominions tomorrow, if there think they can bully one of mine into a dangerous job they have another thing coming. In fact, I’ll attend this meeting of theirs tomorrow and give them all a piece of my mind.”
“No you mustn’t.” Bonnies responds to her boss’s outburst, which she hadn’t expected when Bonnie had called to inform her about how the meeting had gone.

“Yes I must. Suriel of China had tried it with one of our warden in Beijing. I will just have to intervene now like I did then, this is no different. They seem to need reminding that we are not just pawns in their games, we may clean up their mess but that isn’t because we are their slaves but we do it for the human race.”

Bonnie could only imagine her friend standing up to the angel with wings of soft pink and almost innocent babyish look but also known for his tyranny rulership over the land, however that had gone down she was certain this time it was different, it wouldn’t just be one dominion she will be facing but all of them in one room, that sounded like suicide.

“Jopel can’t threaten you with my life and family. I am head of the Wardens of the goddamn world, and that makes me more powerful than the governments they control to do their bidding. I need to know what mission my wardens are sent on.”

Bonnie was now more concern of her friend than she was about whatever mission the dominion wanted sending her on. “Please calm down Cheryl, you stressing does not help the baby.” She could hear her friend murmuring something to herself, when she made it out for something about her pregnancy being wrongly timed Bonnie knew she had to do something.

“That’s enough Cheryl, say something bad about that gift of ours again because of me and I will stop talking to you about anything.” Bonnie said with the coldness she usually reserved for her hunts.

“Cheryl let out a heavy sigh. You’re right, I’m sorry, I don’t wanna see you get hurt. Little Leo will want to see the woman who mummy tell so much story about.”

Bonnie gasped. “It’s a boy?”

“Yeah, I and Rock found out today.” We had plans to naming him after his grandma’s French heritage and we decided it to be Leo, as in . . .?”
“Lion, you are naming him after me?” Bonnie completed for her friend which was more of a realization for her. She felt love, included, cherished all at the same time and couldn’t wait to hold the bundle of joy in her arms, to teach him and watch him grow. Already she was feeling protective of the child.

They talked the next ten minutes it took her to drive from her favorite snack joint in the city.

”Don’t worry about me I have a badass backup.” She offered her friend, in hopes of eradicating any remnant of the flames of her worry for her safety. Thinking of the powerful gorgeous archangel with no visible wings seemed to send her heart and thoughts into over drive. Every time she pictured his face or the silk sounds of his voice when he spoke.

Her heart thudded in her chest like a damn sixteen year old in love, with the star player of a football team. Love, where did that thought come from? Her, with an archangel, that sounded impossible. Besides she barely knew the celestial in question. For all she knew he could have a Hiram of women, or faithfully married to one.

“Bonnie what’s wrong?” Cheryl worries cut through her thought.

“Nothing,” she lied, happy to see that quality was back, or maybe it was just there and Uriel had been . . .

“Well if anything comes up that you don’t like let me know.”

“Will do Boss.” She replied but deep down, she knew she wasn’t going to be doing any such thing. She could handle herself; she just needed to be careful with this one.

She had just packed her car and gotten out when the sounds of wings snapping behind her caught her attention. From the visual her car glass provided, the angel’s wings were retracting.

“Good evening Miss Bonnie,” came that voice of silk and immediately she turned to face the archangel who was the light and consuming fire of the Lord, Uriel. A realization hit her, he had wings and she had just missed seeing them.