(16) Bravery

note:  I'm bending the timeline slightly, changing Spencer's age a little.

"Wanna get out of here?" You whisper against the side of Spencer's neck.

"Yeah." Feeling him nod, you move away from him and get your purse out.

"No." Spencer grabs your hand and pushes it aside. "I'll pay."

This time, you don't argue with that.

In the car, you ask: "Do you want to show me your place properly?" From what you can gather, you only saw his living room. Leaving in such a distressed state weeks ago, made you forget what it really looked like.

"Okay." Spencer agrees.

When he opens the door to his apartment you are greeted by a warm light. He left the lamp next to his couch on. Also, everything seems to be tidier than last time.

"Why does it smell like bleach?" You wrinkle your nose and turn to Spencer who is locking the door. He opens a window, then he tells you: "I didn't have visitors for a long time. Four years, to be precise."

You don't answer immediately, instead you step closer to the overflowing bookshelves and look them up and down. When you turn around to speak to Spencer, he is standing right behind you.

- - - - - - - - - -

The sudden proximity takes you by surprise, but you don't move away. Your heart is pounding incredibly loud and you can hardly hear yourself, when you ask: "Why don't you have visitors?"

Your eyes dart around his face, focusing on his beautiful eyes. Spencer stares at you, not backing away either. You're so scared. And excited. Does he feel the same?

He looks at your lips and back into your eyes. "Because" he whispers and steps so close that you feel his breath on your skin, "I usually don't like having people over."

You blink and try to focus on what's happening, not your fluttering heart and the overwhelming desire to suffocate him with your mouth.

Mere inches away from his face, you whisper: "Usually?"

"Hmh." Spencer murmurs. The change in his tone shoots lightning through your veins. Suddenly, everything is more saturated, as if Spencer were glowing.

Tilting your chin forwards, you close the distance between your lips. They merge perfectly with yours. His hands fly up to your face. He clasps it and holds you close. You both let out a sigh. Your heart gallops - sprints, almost. Spencer tastes so good. He tastes like the sweetest medicine, with a pleasantly bitter aftertaste. The one that gives you goosebumps and makes you want to take more.

Slowly, you let your hands wander up his back and start to move your lips. Spencer keeps holding your face with both hands and presses his body against yours. Your legs feel like they might give out beneath you. You walk backwards and lean against the bookshelf.

Panting, your lips let go off each other. Spencer's hands wander through your hair. They linger on your undercut. Gently, he caresses your neck with his fingers.

You put your hand on his arm and lean back to look at him, his hands still on the back of your neck. "I noticed your hand twitch when you saw my hair first." You tell him.

His cheeks flush a little.

Spencer lets his arms sink down and rests his hands on your hips. You lay your hand on the side of his face and let your thumbs wander over his gorgeous cheekbones.