Hoseok knocked on the door, Jimin able to hear him humming brightly. Jimin rolled his eyes once again before he heard the doorknob turning. Jimin held the knife up by his shoulder, preparing to throw it when the time is right.

"Hello?"

Jimin saw the player answer the door, his wrist ready to throw when he froze. He wasn't paying attention to the conversation, Hoseok smiling as he always was. But when he looked towards the player, his mind went blank. It was as if his intent and need for killing and murder had completely left him. All he could see was chocolate brown doe eyes and a posture that screamed that the boy was shy.

Jimin shook his head, hitting it lightly with his right hand as he tried to refocus himself. He put the knife away into his back pocket and moved out of the bushes. He walked nonchalantly towards the house, his hands in the front pockets of his pants. Hoseok must have heard him coming, the man turning around a waving a hand in his direction.

"Hey! I didn't even see you there. Come say hi to the new resident of this place."

Jimin walked up slowly, trying to make his posture seem as non-threatening as possible. He didn't smile, quickly reaching Hoseok's side as he nodded towards the new boy. Jimin looked in his eyes, getting lost in the boy's innocent gaze for a couple seconds before looking away.

"Can we come in? I'll set this basket on the table, and we can get to know each other."

Jimin could see that Hoseok's smile never faltered, always being a type of sunshine on any day. Jungkook nodded shyly before opening the door, allowing Hoseok to enter. When Jimin didn't enter the house, Jungkook looked up to meet Jimin's eyes. In a matter of seconds, Jungkook looked back at is feet as if he was nervous.

Jimin placed his right hand in his back pocket, feeling for the knife. He gripped the handle slowly, smiling as he was preparing for the kill. Jimin didn't know why, but the thrill of a kill always made him feel some sort of rush that he couldn't get anywhere else. Just as he was about to swing at the boy, he heard his voice.

"Uhhh ... are y-you going t-to come in or ..."

It was as if Jimin's whole world stopped, the boy's voice creeping into his brain and calming him down. It was as if the boy was erasing all of his thoughts about the kill and creating thoughts of being protective instead. All Jimin wanted to do was protect the boy in front of him, being sure that nothing could hurt him.

"H-hello?"

The stutter broke Jimin out of his thoughts, the boy stealing glances at Jimin before looking back at the ground. Jimin's hand released the grip on the knife, putting it back in his front pocket. Jimin slowly moved past the doorway as if he couldn't care less. Before he moved all the way in, he turned back towards the boy in front of him.

"What's your name?"

"J-Jungkook." Jimin began to find the stutter cuter as time passed. Jimin was about to continue moving inside before Jungkook lightly held onto his wrist. "Wh-What about yours?"

Jimin looked at the hand holding his wrist and slowly looked back into Jungkook's eyes. Instead of looking away, Jungkook maintained the eye contact, as if challenging the man in front of him. Jimin was intrigued at this sudden sign of confidence, scoffing before pulling his wrist away slowly. Jungkook's fingers lingered before they lost contact with Jimin completely.

"You don't need to know."

Jimin moved inside to see that Hoseok had already gotten almost everything out of the basket, most of it food or miscellaneous housewarming gifts. Jimin rolled his eyes, never understanding why the man was so happy and sweet all the time. Even so, Jimin had always hoped Hoseok would find someone that treated him just as well as he treated everyone else. He smiled slightly at the thought before turning around towards Jungkook, his smile quickly fading as he tried to hold a cold image.