16: 永久 (forever)

"When do you think is the perfect timing for me to tell him?" Ni-ki asks Jay as they walk towards Sunoo's room.

"Uhh... Right now."

"Right now? Wait, seriously?"

"Now or never~" Jay enters Sunoo's room alone since Ni-ki was too shy to see Sunoo. "So, how are you?" Jay asks Sunoo who has just finished doing his school work.

"I'm doing fine~!... Oh? Where's Ni-ki?" Sunoo looked around to find Ni-ki in the room but he wasn't around.

"Hmm..." Jay looked at the door for Ni-ki but Ni-ki gestured to him to not tell Sunoo he was there. "Probably buying a cake for you."

"Ahh... I wanted to see him though, but okay." Sunoo moved closer to Jay so that he could inject the medicine into his arm. "I'm so happy."

"Really? What happened?" Jay asked as he patted Sunoo after finishing his job.

Sunoo smiled brightly, making his cheeks red. "I told him I like him yesterday. Well, he didn't respond but that's fine."

"You should hear what he wants to say too, you know."

"It's fine. At least I told him everything I want, right?" Sunoo sighed as he lied down in his bed. "Just 9 months left..."

"Don't be like that, you're being so negative," Jay remarked as he stood up, ready to leave the room. "Anyways, take your medicine regularly, okay?"

"Okay~! Bye!" Sunoo waved Jay goodbye as he closed the door and meets Ni-ki outside the room.

"So... Is he fine?" Ni-ki asked Jay who was writing stuff on his clipboard.

"Well, he's a bundle of joy even though he's paler than yesterday."

Ni-ki stayed silent as he hung his head low. He didn't know what to do since Sunoo's condition was getting worse.

"But hey, don't worry. I have good news and bad news for you."

"Ahh? Good news first then bad news."

"Okay, so we get to run a surgery on him next month which will finally help him through this pain. The bad news is we couldn't find a heart donor and there's a 50-50 risk between life and... well you know." Jay explained.

Ni-ki sighed after hearing Jay. He was happy for Sunoo but where in the world would they find someone to give their life away? "I see... I'll try to look for someone."

-スンキ-

"I love that bitch so much but I don't really wanna give my life away," Jungwon muttered after Ni-ki explained Sunoo's surgery to the two.

"Me too... I might sound selfish but I also wanna live." Jake remarked as he hugged Jungwon.

"I understand..." Ni-ki sighs. "This is harder than I thought."

"Why don't you be the one to give like those in kdramas-"

"That'll never happen because this is not a fucking kdrama and he wants to live with Sunoo for a happy life you know. Open your brain." Jungwon aggressively cuts off Jake, leaving the elder pouting.

"I was just saying you know..."

Ni-ki took a deep breath before saying what he had to say. "I'll do it."

Jungwon and Jake just sat there, not believing what they heard.

"Really?" Jungwon blinked his eyes in confusion. "He'd be sad, I promise."

"If it's for him then I'll do it," Ni-ki said.

"Exactly what I expected from a gentleman." Jake pats Ni-ki's shoulder.

-スンキ-

"Wah~! That's amazing! I can finally get out of this room and play with my best friends!" Sunoo exclaimed after Jay explained to him about the surgery.

"Also, someone called me yesterday, they said they're willing to give their life to yours. I don't remember their name, but they'll be there on that day." Jay remarks.

"Oh really?" Ni-ki was shocked and happy at the same time. "That's cool~!" He was so happy that Sunoo could live without actually offering his life. But his happiness quickly faded away. "But there's a risk the surgery might be unsuccessful."

Sunoo smiled and held Ni-ki's arm. "My father and Doctor Jay would be the ones running the process, and they wouldn't let that happen. Right, Jay hyung?" 

Jay nodded as an answer. "Don't worry, Ni-ki. It'll be fine."

Ni-ki smiled fakely, nodding. "Okay, okay."

Jay smiled suspiciously as he patted Ni-ki's shoulders. "I'll be leaving now. I have other patients to attend. Ni-ki has something to say." He winked as he walks towards the room.

"Wait, I have nothing to say-"

"Bye~!" Jay sticks his tongue out, closing the door after he cut of Ni-ki.

Sunoo tilted his head to the side as he held Ni-ki's hand with his cold ones. "Do you have something to tell me? Where's the cake?"

"Uhh well..." Ni-ki felt awkward that he even started blushing. "It's not important."

"Really?" Sunoo then went back to his bed as he continued reading a book. "Okay, then."

Ni-ki just watched Sunoo read his book, completely forgetting about why Ni-ki's here. "Sunoo."

"Mhm?" Sunoo responded, still reading the book though.

"Come here."

Sunoo then scooted his butt as he sat next to Ni-ki. He then rested his head on his shoulder, feeling tired of the little physical activity. "Okay."

They then locked eyes, stars shimmering on Ni-ki's while Sunoo's had it shining for him. Ni-ki then took a deep breath before he quickly said what he needed to say.

"I also like you."

"Oh." Sunoo might have a weak heart but once Ni-ki said that it felt like he could live more years than just months. "Okay. Nice. Cool. Fun."

Ni-ki tried holding his laugh, but he ended up bursting it out. "You're speechless, huh?"

"Yeah, what am I supposed to say then?" Sunoo used the book to hide his smile even though it was already obvious. "Thank you, I guess."

"We're a thing now." Ni-ki stood up as he fixed his things, ready to leave but then Sunoo pulled him weakly. "Y-yeah?"

Sunoo looked at him as he tightly held his hand. "Hang out with me more! We don't have forever."

Ni-ki leaned down to Sunoo's level to ruffle his hair. "Don't worry, I'll make sure we'll have that forever."