3: 病欠 (sick day)

"If that bitch is really looking for a fight, then I will!" Jungwon says as he walks with Jake to the hospital corridors.

Jake held Jungwon's hand, trying to calm him down. "Just leave him be—"

"Leave him be? He's literally the reason why Sunoo's in the hospital right now! Room 342 please." Jungwon cuts off Jake as they both follow the nurse to Sunoo's room.

"This way, sir." The nurse finally leads them to Room 342.

"Keep your calm, or Sunoo will kick your tits," Jake warns Jungwon.

"Whatever." Jungwon opens the door and they both see Kim Sunoo, lying down unconsciously.

It was a Friday Afternoon when Ni-ki slapped Sunoo. But no, that wasn't the reason why he's confined here right now.

That afternoon, Ni-ki just left Sunoo lying down on the concrete floor with blood streaming down his face because of the slap. The pain was too much to hold and sooner or later, Sunoo closed his eyes, leaving him unconscious on the floor.

It rained that time too, which made all students, including students in detention to go home earlier. That's how Jake spotted Sunoo and brought him here to the hospital after catching colds from the rain.

"Sunoo!" Jungwon screams as he holds unto Sunoo's warm hands.

"Don't be noisy~!" Jake quietly whispers.

"Shut up!" Jungwon screamed loudly, unable to control his emotions.

And with Jungwon's screams surrounding the room, Sunoo finally woke up.

"The fuck, why are you so noisy?" Sunoo says with a hoarse voice.

"Oh My, you're finally up!" Jungwon hugged Sunoo tightly, crying on the elder's shoulders.

"Bitch, it's not like he's going to die!" Jake tries to calm Jungwon down for the 27477239427th time today but as usual, Jungwon wouldn't listen.

"Oh? Why am I here?" Sunoo asks.

"You got a fever yesterday because according to this boy right here, you were lying unconsciously on the floor while it was raining." Jungwon explains after eyeing Jake.

"Ahh... Okay." Sunoo touched his head, still feeling the pain from Ni-ki's slap. "But I think I'm okay now—"

"You're not!" Jake and Jungwon say in chorus.

Sunoo felt sorry for himself, he needed to be healed immediately so he could finally go back to his studies again.

"Stop lying, dumb bitch. You need to rest, okay?" Jungwon tucked Sunoo back under the sheets as if he is Sunoo's dad.

"Okay then..." Sunoo lies back down in bed.

"Sunoo, are you feeling well now?" A tall boy with a very deep yet welcoming voice entered Sunoo's room, making the three face it's direction.

Jungwon couldn't believe who just entered in here, in fact, he even had his jaws wide open.

"So apparently, We planned that Sunoo can leave the hospital once his fever vanishes away, and look, he's okay now. He just has to take a couple of medicine to remove his colds." Doctor Jay, who was the one that went inside the room, says.

"Oh cool! That means we're finally getting you back inside our dorm!" Jake happily squeals.

Sunoo felt happy too because he can finally be back to how he was before.

Doctor Jay bowed down and left the room.

"S-sunoo... What's the name of the doctor awhile ago?" Jungwon asks Sunoo.

"Hm? Ahh! He's Doctor Jay, Korean name is Park Jongseong. His family owns the hospital but like he's also my doctor so-"

"He's handsome" Jungwon sighs romantically.

Jake tried holding his laugh but he eventually failed which made him burst out laughing. "Bro! Do you really think someone like him will like you?"

"I was just saying he was handsome!" Jungwon kicked Jake's shin which obviously hurt. "It doesn't mean I already like him."

"Impossible, you're the type to fall in love at first sight." Sunoo gently nudged the younger while his eyebrows went up and down, teasing Jungwon.

"Well-"

"No need for an answer, I support you anyways." Sunoo winks at Jungwon who was left blushing out of embarrassment.

"Looks like I have something to gossip about in Seulli High again-"

Jungwon gestured a punch-like action to scare Jake away.

"Fine... I won't gossip." Jake rolled his eyes.

"Let's get going before it gets dark," Sunoo says as he started packing his things.

"Let me get that for you," Jungwon says as he picks up Sunoo's bag.

"I can carry you!" Jake gives Sunoo a piggyback ride.

"Thanks, guys for being the best friends ever~"

-スンキ-

"Wait, He's sick?" Ni-ki asks Jay.

"Yeah, you didn't know?"

"I know that you're his doctor but like- Really?" Ni-ki was so shocked.

"You're not the reason, don't worry," Jay reassures Ni-ki that he wasn't the reason why Sunoo's sick.

"Oh shit, shit, shit. What do I do?" Ni-ki walks back and forth trying to figure out how things are going to work out now.

"You're worried, hm?" Jay asks as he changes to pajamas.

"Yeah! Wait, no... Actually, yes I am! How am I supposed to bully a weakling now?"

"I sent him home already, everything will get back to usual when he goes back to school in a few days."

"Okay..."

Jay is Ni-ki's older brother. Jay has been always a supporting and reassuring brother, but he has never liked what Ni-ki does to students ever since. He has been trying so hard to find proper schools for Ni-ki, and he's hoping he wouldn't do something bad again in Seulli High.

"I'm scared about you, Ni-ki. Why can't you stop bullying people?" Jay asks as he plops down the bed with a book in his hand.

"Listen, it's not about me, okay? Do you actually think I'll be this mean if it weren't for what we had?"

Jay just hung his head low, keeping his mouth shut after hearing the same words again and again whenever he asks Ni-ki that question. "Tsk. I swear, if you get kicked out again in Seulli High, I won't transfer you to any other school. Got it?"

"Yeah, sure," Ni-ki says as he rolls his eyes to Jay.

"You brat."

"Whatever. Just make sure you're going to make Sunoo okay."

"Why?"

"Because...."

"Because what?"

"I need him to be strong enough so I can hit him."

"Tsk." Jay went back to his reading until he saw Ni-ki lying down on his bed. It wasn't much, but it reminded him of the past they had.

And if you're going to ask, these two had a very dark childhood.