Chapter 40: Dinner with past lovers

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Oh.

"I mean, I understand, it may take a while since Uncle is pretty cold to almost everyone, you do realise that, right Chae?"

"He likes you. He likes you a lot. God. The way he praises you like you're his only son. He favours you until now, and Junhoe...he...he noticed that, back in the hospital"

"Chaeyoung, the only reason why your father favours me is because he has known me since I was a kid.

And he probably doesn't even favour me, he probably just likes me and that's it.

Second of all, the reason why he acts nicer to me is because I wasn't the one who took his precious daughter away okay? Of course he'd give Junhoe a hard time, he was able to get the Roseanne Park, that's not an easy task" he explains the reason why she shouldn't be worrying over these things since it's only natural that her father would give quite a hard time for her husband.

"You don't get...it..." she mutters as she closes her face onto her palms.

"There's not much to understand here, Rosie. Uncle is a strict but caring man, he knows what to stand for-"

"It's not that. It's not that he just couldn't accept my husband. No, it's the fact that-"

He was looking right at her, waiting and listening as if he had all the time in the world to watch and talk to her.

Concern and confusion were deep in his confused eyes, yet for some odd reason, there was affection scattered in all the bits and splashes of his look.

She released a heavy breath before looking him right in the eye, "Dad still thinks that you should've been the one I married"

Every word pained each of their souls like a crashing storm meeting with an explosion of magma. The collision and explosion causing nothing but distress and pain for their souls.

"That's what he thinks. That's not what you think Chae, and that's what matters"

She could only stay silent at his words of comfort.

"How's the wife?" She started to divert the topic away from her tragic family life. The tears that had tempted to spill started to go away.

"Wife? Ah....well.."

He had started, yet she could see the glow in his eyes as he spoke, it seemed as if he was so in love with this person, and something in her heart started to ache.

She didn't know why that feeling even existed, his presence, voice and anything about his life shouldn't be giving her any reaction.

"I'm still looking for her"

"Huh?" She asked. The confusion too obvious on her face. "Still looking for her"? What game was he playing.

The soft look in his eyes as he stared at her showed enough proof that he wasn't joking around.

"I thought that you and Seulgi were-" she trails off.

"Seulgi? Ah...well Seulgi is happily married to Yeri"

"Yeri...as in...like...a female...?" She asked.

"Yeah, Seulgi has been trying to court her since we were in college, god, it was fun having to see the start of their little romance up to this point"

"Wait...hold on...I thought you and Seulgi were engaged?"

"We were engaged because...her grandfather would do anything to force another man and bribe them into marrying her, so she needed my help in trying to convince that she was engaged to a man, she had to wait until after college when she could fly away and marry the love of her life without anyone knowing"  he laughs in memory of the stupid rushed wedding the two had in the Bahamas.