Chapter 40: Dinner with past lovers

Start from the beginning

"Hm.." it was awkward. Or maybe she made it awkward. God, she hoped that the ground could swallow her right this moment.

"It's...pretty weird huh?" He starts off.

They look each other in the eyes before they laughed in sync. They were friends since they were kids, they shouldn't be acting this way.

"We're not kids anymore, aren't we..."

"I'm surprised you noticed that chae"

"Oh don't go making fun of me like that" she responds, suddenly noticing the sharper cheeks he had. His soft mochi cheeks were barely seen. Had he been so tireless and hardworking that he lost one of the most favourite things she loved about him?

Loved. Past tense. Just like them. Past.

They ate dinner harmoniously, laughing and enjoying each other's company.

"Areum has been looking for you since she saw you, she's been asking for the "handsome uncle" ever since" Rosie says before she started to sip on her wine.

"Your daughter has taste, Chae" Jimin nods to her playfully before he proceeded to drink his own glass.

She rolled her eyes before laughing, "it's cause you're not as strict as her dad".

"Junhoe, strict....and I thought you'd be the strict parent?" Jimin teases before he gave her an annoying smirk.

She could only suck in her breath as to calm herself down before she laughs. He did have a point with her being strict.

"How is Junhoe? Haven't seen him since that one ball 6 years ago, oh wait, I'm mistaken, he was with you during Jin Hyung and Jisoo's wedding right?" He corrected himself.

"No no, you're right, he didn't come with me to their wedding, you last saw him at that ball" She said.

"Wait, what about the grad party? 4 years ago? After graduation, wasn't he ther-?"

"I broke up with him..at that time...so he...didn't come...."

"I...didn't know, but...that's your personal life, and besides, you guys are married anyway" he comforts her, yet all she felt was guilt radiating off of her very skin.

"Yeah....he's...yeah" was all she could reply back to him.

Noticing the sudden change of her mood, he tapped her hand, making sure that he didn't hold it for too long, "Chae?"

"I'm...fine sorry"

"No need to apologise" why was he so god damn nice, could be at least be mean to her so that she wouldn't be this hostile around him?

"Oh, also, did Uncle give Junhoe a hard time? I bet he did, Junhoe did take his most precious daughter away from him" he jokes in order to lighten the mood, yet a dark expression had sat on her face.

Worry started to begin in his heart, there was something quite odd and unusual with her expression. He just couldn't figure out why she looked so bothered and stressed.

"Chaeyoung" he calls out, his voice sweet and sultry like honey, so comforting, so tender and warm, so much like home.

"He...he doesn't like him"

"Huh?"

"My dad...he doesn't like Junhoe...he doesn't even allow my own husband to call him "Uncle" or "Father", he only allows Junhoe to call him sir or mr" she breathes out, the sudden frown of her face suddenly releasing.