Chapter Ten

"Get your hands off me!" I screamed as the guard, Kai, struggled to pull me up the many stairs of this castle. My tears had dried, though it didn't stop me from replaying the fresh memory in my mind on a loop. My fathers lifeless body in my embrace, his blood dripping from his open wound onto my dress, ruining the clothing forever. Though I wasn't crying now, I knew that I would be a sobbing mess when we got to the Prince's chambers.

"Don't worry Kai, I'll take it from here." Damian's villainous voice said from behind me, it was as if I had summoned the devil by just thinking of him.

"I'd rather die than go anywhere with you." I spat, as Kai turned me towards Damian. I noticed that there had been blood, my father's blood, on his shirt. Though now it was gone and his once messy hair was slicked back, it were as if he had just had a shower.

"Sorry, love, but I can't have you dying yet." The only word I heard from that sentence was yet. Was he planning on killing me after he took the throne? It was easy to believe, he wanted the throne for himself, not to share it. Though I knew that he would keep me alive to produce an heir, or maybe he would find some willing girl to have a child with. My hatred bubbled as I thought of his sickening line continuing.

"Bite me." I seethed.

"I would usually take that offer, but I have a feeling you bite back." He sneered, referring to how I bitten his father. If it were anyone else I would have laughed a little, but this was Damian Redburn, he would never see any of my humour.

I felt Kai release me and push me against Damian's chest. I stiffened as his hands enclosed around my waist and wrist. I didn't want him touching me, I didn't want him anywhere near me. Though I knew that wasn't my choice, no matter how much I wanted it to be

"Let go of me." I yelled for what seemed like the hundredth time as he threw me easily over her shoulder as if I were a sack of potatoes.

"I thought we had already been over this. I'm not letting you go, you are staying in my chamber and are becoming my wife." Damian said, going over the multiple things I had refused to do half an hour ago.

"Why don't you just take me to the dungeons, I'll be more comfortable." I murmured, he had obviously heard, since I felt his body shake in a chuckle.

"I'm not that much of a monster." He said.

Damian Redburn was the king of monsters, killing my father in front of me had proved that. Thinking of my father sent another wave of agony through me, though this time it was different. Instead of thinking about my father, my thoughts turned to my mother. How would she survive without both of us?

I hoped that she would tell Daphne about this, so she could help mother. Fresh tears slid down my cheeks as I tried to swallow a sob. Though it felt more like a rock that had been forced down my throat, painful and difficult.

"Could you stop moping for one second." Damian demanded when he heard my struggles of stifling a cry. He must've never known the pain of losing someone, or he had just never felt pain. I decided on the latter option.

"Shut up!" I shrieked, not taking anymore of his words. "You just killed my father! I have the right to be upset!"

"Well maybe you could do it quietly." I knew that he was rolling his eyes. I hated this man! He infuriated me to a point where I could barely breathe.

I stayed silent for the next few minutes until finally he stopped walking. I couldn't see where we stopped, all I could see was the back of his white shirt.

"We're here." He stated and dropped me. I didn't have anytime to react, so I fell right on my butt. I could see him trying to hold back a smile at my clumsiness. I gave him my best death glare and that seemed to end his amusement, which was apparently a bad idea. He roughly grabbed me by my hair and threw me into the now open door.

"Ow. You could be a bit more careful." I said, rubbing the spot on my head where he had practically ripped out half of my hair.

"But that wouldn't be as amusing." He said standing in the doorway. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"So what? I'm just supposed to stay here?" I shouted as he walked into the room and shut the door behind him. I could see him pull out a key and lock it.

"Spot on." He congratulated, as if I were a student and had just gotten a question right.

"Please." I said, sinking to my knees in front of him, as if to beg. "Please let me go. My mother-"

"She will be dealt with." He interrupted. "Now pick yourself up and get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow."

"I hate you!" I screamed as if my words could actually hurt him. I knew they couldn't. He was just as heartless on the inside as he showed on the outside. Nothing could hurt him

"You won't by the wedding." He said walking towards me and taking my chin in his hand, as if he had learned nothing from when his father had done this exact same thing.

"When you become my wife, you'll be completely broken and I can do with you as I please." He growled and then released my chin, taking away my chase at ripping off a portion of his hand.

"Go to hell." I said as he walked away.

"I wish the same to you, Aurora." The way he said my name made me want to vomit. He made my voice sound repulcing but beautiful at the same time.

Damian unlocked the door and left. I heard the same sound as I had heard when he locked it and I was left alone in this dark room with no windows. The sudden urge to bang against the door flooded through me and blurred my senses.

"Let me out." I screamed as I bashed my hands against the wooden door, causing them to instantly throb from pain. "Please."

I spent the next two hours running into the door, I felt as if my arm was broken by the time the second hour was up. My screams had gone unnoticed, though I could hear footsteps on the other side of my barrier. Every time I heard them, I could scream and kick on the door. But nobody answered. Nobody noticed, as if they were under the same trance as the guests at the ball.

Tears began to fall freely after that, tasting salty as they slid down my cheeks and onto my lips. My eyes were no doubt red and bloodshot. I needed to get out of here, I needed to get my mother. I needed so many things right now, but most of all, I needed my father. But every time I had needed something or someone, they were just out of reach. The thought of this brought more tears to my eyes and I was a bit shocked that they hadn't run out yet by now.

I fell against the door, not having the strength to continue running into it anymore. Crumbling to the floor, I felt the weight of the day settling in. My body aches and my head spun. I felt as if I would fall into a deep sleep and would never wake. My eyes stung from the unnatural amount of crying I had done and my heart felt as if it were to fall out of my chest.

I wanted to go home, I wanted to feel the comfort of my mothers embrace as she told me stories to get me to fall asleep. I wanted to feel safe again in the years of my youth. But that wouldn't happen, I was trapped in the present with no way out.

"Please, someone... help." I whispered as my eyes drifted close and I fell unconscious on the cold stone floor.