chapter forty-four

Start from the beginning

"But since everyone from the party is in danger, all we need to do is find a safe to hide them until the storm passes," Mason argued.

"The Ghost Riders ride the lightning," Liam stated.

"Nowhere is safe," Ivy mentioned.

"It is if we're underground. The Earth can ground the lightning's electrical charge. Everyone would be safe," Mason stated.

"Mason, sometimes I hate how smart you are. No offense," Ivy commented.

"None taken," Mason replied.

"Okay, here's what we're gonna do. We take everyone into the Argent Bunker. It's underground. It's lined with mountain ash," Scott explained.

"We stopped the Ghost Riders last night. We can do it again," Liam argued.

"But we barely managed to hold them off last night," Ivy pointed out. Through once she said that she began to question which side she was really on, Liam's or Mason's.

"You didn't stop them. They just retreated. We don't know why," Scott further added into Ivy's statement.

Liam remained silent for a while, eventually giving in and agreeing with the plan suggested by Scott. "Okay, how do we get everyone inside the bunker?"

✯☾✯

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us to convince Nathan?" Liam asked his girlfriend.

Ivy laughed, "Convince Nathan Pierce that Ghost Riders are real and are coming after him now? Yeah, no. I'll pass. Good luck with that though." Ivy closed her locker and headed to class, leaving Liam & Mason behind to handle this on their own.

✯☾✯

Ivy was currently on her way to Scott's house to drop off her school stuff and pick up a couple of things that could be useful tonight. The plan for tonight was clear. To get everyone from the party last night into the Argent bunker to protect them from the Ghost Riders coming after them.

Ivy reached the front door of the McCall house and threw her phone in her bag.

"Oh, come on, where are you?" Ivy asked mainly herself as she searched through her bag for her keys. "You can't be that deep in my bag?"

Ivy quickly looked up from her bag and searched her surroundings. Something that had shaken her from her search, but she wasn't sure what had caused it.

The next thing Ivy knew, well didn't really know, was that she was heading towards Beacon Hills Preserve.

✯☾✯

Liam, Hayden, and Brett had managed to get everyone that was at the party down into the tunnels that leads to the Argent Bunker.

"Why are we underground?" Brett heard one of the girls ask his girlfriend. "This is the way to the bunker," Hayden answered.

"You guys have a bunker? Who are you, people?" The guy who Brett recognized to be Nathan Pierce asked.

"We're the people who know things about the things that most people don't know about," Liam stated, and Brett hoped that Ivy would get here soon because he could sense Liam's anger rising.

"What?" Nathan confusedly asked.

"Just keep moving," Hayden suggested, turning the conversation around. The group became walking further down the tunnels when Hayden realized something. "Brett, Liam... Where's Gwen?"

The three of them looked over to the stairs that led up to the ground level & realized that Gwen was never among them.

"I'm gonna go look for her," Hayden told the two werewolves in front of her.