chapter forty-four

Start from the beginning

"And what's it reading now?" Liam asked, as Ivy got up from her seat and walked over to Liam & Mason's side so that she could look at Mason's computer.

Ivy watched as Mason clicked the 'enter/return' button and the current K-Index values popped up. "Uh, 14. We're clear."

Ivy wraps her arms around Liam as she rests her head on his shoulder. Liam intertwined one of his hands with Ivy's. "Okay, so if a spike in the K-index means more lightning, then we can tell if they're coming."

"Yeah."

"This is good," Liam concluded.

"So, this K-index gives us an advantage over the ghost riders?" Ivy questioned/stated.

"Yeah," Mason replied, as the monitor began to beep.

"Uh, what's happening?" Ivy asked as the k-index value on the computer began to increase.

"Actually, this is really bad."

"Ah, great," Ivy commented.

✯☾✯

Ivy had left Liam & Mason back at the library, seeing as a message from Lydia had come in, asking the young witch-werewolf hybrid to meet. So now she stood in the corner of one of the school's hallways with Scott & Malia as Lydia examined Jake Sullivan's ID card.

"It's a relic," Lydia concluded.

"What's a relic?" Malia asked.

"An object with a fixed association to the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken. And Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor."

"How can someone be erased, and still leave something behind?" Malia asked.

Ivy's eyes widened as she realized something. "They aren't really erased then. A piece of them manages to stay behind."

Lydia nods, as she elaborates on Ivy's conclusion. "A conservation of mass. The total mass of any isolated system remains constant."

"So, even the Ghost Riders have a weakness," Scott mentioned.

"So, we're just gonna find a way to use their weakness against them," Ivy stated.

"A relic would be proof that Stiles existed," Malia points out.

"And maybe we can bring him back," Scott states.

"So how do we find a relic that connects to Stiles?" Ivy asked the group.

"Guess, we got work to do," Lydia tells them.

✯☾✯

Ivy walked with Scott as the two-headed towards the library. Ivy figured that Scott would want to know what Liam & Mason & herself had figured out.

"We need to hide them," Ivy & Scott heard Mason say as the two entered the library.

"We need to fight them," Liam countered.

"We need to hide them," Mason stated once more.

"Who's 'them'?" Scott asked as they reached the table where Liam & Mason sat.

"The Ghost Riders," Liam answered.

"The kids at the party," Mason stated.

"Got it," Scott spoke as he & Ivy took a seat.

"We could get a lightning rod. Attract the Ghost Riders & catch them off guard," Liam suggested.

"Where the hell are we supposed to get a lightning rod?" Ivy questioned.