The Binds of a Promise

Start from the beginning

Bakugo had already lost count on how long he'd been holding his breath, but definitely for more than a minute, and his limit while in a sitting position was a minute and...He didn't remember. His body shook with need as he used all his willpower to not breath, and his pace quickened as he used the last of his energy to run up the stairs. He could barely comprehend what was in front of him, and when the floor beneath him flattened and he tripped over something on the floor, all he did was spin himself around so that he would fall on his back instead of Midoriya as he hit the floor, gasping from shock and the need of air.

He gulped in the air frantically, his lungs burning and his head aching even more from the sudden oxygen, and his vision darkened as he continued to use up all his leftover energy to finally breath. The air around him wasn't dense anymore, neither did what he breathed in worsen his situation, if not counting the fact that breathing made him dizzy after holding his breath for so long. And that could only mean one thing. He made it. He finally got out with Midoriya, just as he had promised.

_________________

Aizawa, unlike some of the other heroes, knew that All Might could handle himself, even in the deflated and much weakened state he was in after defeating the villain who called himself All for One. He also knew that his student was still in danger, and if the quick summary Nezu had given them about what was going on was true, not only was Bakugo needed to be saved, but also more people who were forced into villainy, having no other choice but to obey the orders given to them, one of which was the one to give them the location of the League of Villain's base. Aizawa didn't bother asking too many questions, and luckily enough, the same day they finally had taken down the leader of the League of Villains, and the other villains should be taken care of by then. All he had to do now was make sure everyone was safe, and even if it was selfish, he wanted to make sure his student was alright in the first place.

Aizawa rushed towards the broken abandoned building, ignoring his dried eyes that were watering even more because of the blowing wind of his speed now running at. He rushed past the police officers and called out for the paramedics to follow him, which they did, but at an annoyingly slower pace than he ran at. Aizawa finally got the police to let him enter as he found his license here and nearly shoved it in their faces before quickly retreating it and hurriedly walking into the building, cops and heroes starting to gather in it as crying villains...No.

Aizawa's eyes widened as he saw faces of handcuffed supposedly villains, smiling and crying in relief as they willingly let themselves get taken away. Shit...Nezu was right after all...Not that Aizawa doubted him, it was just different to see so many missing people forced to do something like slaves and be so happy when they're taken away by the most feared by criminals people. It hurt to watch them...

"Aizawa, over here! Bakugo is here!" A familiar voice called out. Aizawa quickly turned towards the voice, seeing Vlad King hurriedly waving him over before crouching down, out of Aizawa's sight. Aizawa immediately picked up his pace as the doctors behind him retreated, hurrying towards the few villains that got stuck or knocked out beneath the fallen debris of the previously collapsing building. Rock Lock had helped stabilize the most unstable parts of the building wire his quirk, and gave them an approximate time of maximum ten minutes, four of which were already spent before Aizawa even got there. Aizawa finally made it through the thickening crowd of villains, cops, and paramedics and stopped dead in his tracks as he looked at his student, almost not recognizing him.

Bakugo was laying on his back, his face relaxed his mouth wide open, almost as if he was trying to catch his breath before he fainted. He was scratched and bruised under the few tears in his clothing, and Aizawa could even see bandages on his torso from the slightly lifted PE shirt. But it wasn't what surprised him and made Bakugo so unrecognizable, no, not even the weak state he seemed to be in, nor the relaxed expression he was wearing. It was the fact that his hand, now loosely hanging, was wrapped around a slightly shorter looking body that was also lying limp on him, the unknown male's hand slightly below his shoulder as if he had previously been holding onto him. Aizawa knew that there was no way Bakugo would have come after the boy randomly, let him clutch onto him like this, and if he had been carrying him before collapsing, the way he carried him in front of himself instead of throwing him over his shoulder or on his back showed even more that there was something deeper going on.

"Make room for the paramedics! His condition is critical, we can't let him bleed out any more!" One of the paramedics roughly pushed him to the side, and Aizawa watched them as the paramedics picked up the limp male body, and the now new angle revealed the injury that made Aizawa pale. A stab wound surrounded by red skin covered in the boy's blood could be seen on the greenette's shoulder, some blood still oozing out, although luckily, slowly. Yet, it was obvious the bleeding had been way worse by the pale look on the male's face and by how Bakugo's shirt was drenched with blood, none of it dried out as if it had been pouring nonstop during all the time he had him in his hands. Will the boy even make it...? Aizawa couldn't help but sadly wonder.

And then, Aizawa's eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of something black on the boy's neck, just barely visible under the greenette's long curly hair. Is that...The tracking device?! Aizawa realized as he stared at the boy in disbelief, watching the paramedics hurriedly take him away. Aizawa glanced at Vlad King, but he didn't seem to realize who the boy was since he still kept silent, looking around, most likely for more paramedics. If that really was the tracking device, could the boy have sacrificed himself in order for a chance to save the other enslaved villains, and even possibly Bakugo? If so, could he have known Bakugo before he was taken away? But if that's the-

Suddenly, a grunt and shifting from the other figure below him snapped him out of his thoughts, once again reminding him of his number one purpose of being here.

"Bakugo! Hey, Bakugo, can you hear me?" Aizawa asked, his voice slightly different from his usual monotone, hinting at the true worry towards the blond. The blond hissed as he tried to move, and Aizawa quickly placed his hand onto his chest, signaling him to stop. "Don't push yourself. We're going to get you checked up first, we don't want you worsening any of your injuries." Bakugo grunted something incoherently, and slightly shifted again before he let out a long exhale as he relaxed. His eyes slightly opened, and he blinked as rapidly as he could as he tried to look around him.

"Where..." He suddenly rasped, the word causing him to flinch and cough as he shifted again, as if wanting to double over but not having the energy. Aizawa pressed his hand more firmly against the blond's chest, although not firm enough to hurt him. When Bakugo was finally done, the paramedics were rushing towards them again, but before they could pick him up, Bakugo finally spoke again, "Where...Izuku..." He whispered as he looked at Aizawa, although his eyes seemed to be drifting about and he could barely concentrate on his teacher. Aizawa slightly frowned as he tried to think of anyone who he could possibly mean, before his eyes widened in realization and he patted Bakugo's chest gently.

"He was taken by the paramedics. He will make it thanks to you..." Aizawa started reassuringly before he trailed off, watching Bakugo try to shift again, seeming to try his best to stay conscious as his eyes rolled back. Aizawa gritted his teeth worriedly before the paramedics finally rushed up to them, taking the blond and putting him on a carrier before hurriedly walking away. Aizawa watched as they took away his student and placed him into another ambulance, letting out a tired, yet somewhat relieved sigh.

"This generation sure is full of problem children..." He stated more to himself than Vlad King as he let a small smile crawl onto his lips. "But I guess that's what will make them true heroes."