Chapter 3

While Erza and Gray decided to take Nashi to the guild to get her something to eat. Carla and Wendy were working away slowly on Lucy's back. Every few minutes, Wendy caught a piece that was really stuck to Lucy and she had to carefully pry it off her back. Happy was watching them very intensively as they worked. 

Lucy started to stir as they were working. "Oh no" thought Wendy. " This is really going to hurt her if she's awake" "wwhat's ggoing on?" Lucy asked groggily and out of it.

 " Lucy, please don't move" Carla encouraged holding her arms tightly. "wwhy" said Lucy. Letting out a breath, Carla in a kind but straight voice said " you were burned badly in the explosion and Wendy has to take the pieces of your shirt off that are mixed with the burns" 

Lucy's face of grogginess turned to one of uneasiness and panic as she felt herself tighten up. "Lucy, you need to please relax your muscles, this is will make it worse if you don't because I am getting to where this is really going to hurt" Wendy said honestly as Lucy relaxed her muscles.

 " Please forgive me for what I'm about to do" Wendy thought to herself sadly and regret. She pulled her tweezers ready to pull on a piece that was almost burned on as she started to peel it off making Lucy cry out a tiny bit.

She grimaced in small ounces of pain until she hit a big piece of it "AHHHHH, SHIIIIT" " Lucy cried out in pain as Wendy felt horrible doing it to her. Happy jumped up grabbing Lucy's hands as she cried. "Ha..appy, AHH, GAAAH" "I'm right here Lucy," Happy comforted squeezing her hands. Natsu's eyes snapped open as he heard Lucy's cries.

 "What's going on!" he yelled worried hearing her cry. He got off his bed and walked over to Lucy's where he saw the damage inflicted. Feeling rage at seeing Lucy's back, he balled up his hands into fists when Happy said "don't Natsu, Erza and Gray already went after the dirt bags who did this" 

 He un balled his fists and went around to where he could see Lucy's face. Happy slid over so Natsu could grab both of her hands. He knelt down on a knee and kissed her hands. " Nat..Natsu" her eyes gleaming looking at him. "I'm right here Luce," he said lovingly kissing her forehead. 'AHHHHHHHH" she squeezed his hands tightly. 

"It's alright baby" he assured her. "How much longer!" he yelled after a few minutes of watching Lucy scream in pain. "I'm almost done" said Wendy. Finally she finished and got to use her healing magic to heal the wounds on her back. " She will still need to rest and recover so we're going to keep her here but you two can stay" explained Carla. "Thank you Wendy..I know how it must have been difficult" thanked Natsu graciously. "Your welcome" she said softly and with a smile. " Get some rest Lucy" she said and then left them alone.

Laying back, sweat ran down Lucy's head as Natsu got a cloth to wipe it all off. "Have you seen Nashi, how is she?, is she alright?" Lucy blurted out quickly. " okay first of all, take a breath, I barely understood what you said, second I haven't seen Nashi yet, I woke up after hearing you" eased Natsu. 

 Not pausing, she blurted "whatboutyou!,areyouokay,I'msorry" He put a hand to her mouth to stop her talking. "Shhh, calm down Luce, don't worry about me, I'm fine" he smiled 

" you need to rest and not worry about anything, I'm going to take my hand away from your mouth and I need you to breath" He slowly took his hand away and waited for her to let out a breath which she did and then eased herself back into the bed. 

"Rest Lucy" "Please stay" she pleaded pulling his hand. "Okay" he eased his way onto her bed putting an arm behind his head and an arm around her. She laid herself across him and closed her eyes. "Is she asleep yet Happy?" Natsu whispered. "Yup". He and Happy both took the chance to close their eyes and go to sleep as well.