Chapter 11 - Aftermath

Angelina's POV

We lost 12-2. I could already tell that we were going to get screamed at.
"12-2. 12-2. Do you know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Hmm? PATHETIC! You guys were brought here to play hockey!" He screamed.
"What about you?" Jesse spoke up.
"What about me Jesse?"
"Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us." Julie said.
"And you spend your time driving around in convertibles, talking to the sponsor fools." Luis said.
"Or hanging around with the Iceland lady. We saw you two Saturday night." Fulton added.

"Eating ice-cream with the enemy, huh, coach?" Portman said.
That caused a bunch off people to say things like 'what?' and 'are you serious?'
"Hey, hey! What I do is none of your business, is that clear!?" He yelled again. We went to take our pads off but then... "No don't take those pads off, we have practice." Coach said.
"Tonight?!" Goldberg asked.

"Whatever you say." I mumbled.
"What was that!?!" He yelled at me. Without thinking I threw my helmet on the floor, I completely snapped.
"Oh for crying out loud, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OUR COACH! Throughout this whole thing, you have not spent a minute with us outside of practice! What is fucking wrong with you?!" I screamed at him.
"Don't talk to me like that young lady! I am your coa-"

"I'll talk to you how ever the fuck I want! And for the record I, in no way shape or form, consider you my coach! You are supposed to be here with us every step of the way, guiding us to victory. But guess what, you didn't do that! It's not our fault we lost, it's only yours! I have lost all fucking respect for you and everything you do!" After I finished, everyone looked at me then back at coach, who was red in the face at this point.
"You just earned yourself an extra hour of practice!" He finally said.
"I don't care!" I yelled back.
"Oops, that's 2 hours now." He added.
"Like I said, I don't FUCKING care! You can keep me all night if you want to. I. DONT. CARE."

"Listen. You don't to have to keep pretending you are Miss Tough Girl, because for the record you are just a weak, stupid girl!" He finally yelled causing everyone to gasp. "Let's go! Practice." He said and walked out of the locker room.

When I tell you I tried my best not to cry, I tried my best not to cry, but tears still came running down my cheeks.
Everyone looked at me and saw the tears streaming down my face like rivers. Before they could say anything I wiped them away and said "Come on we have practice, you don't want him holding you back an extra hour because we don't go in on time, do you?" Everyone slowly nodded, gave me a quick sympathetic smile with a pat on the shoulder, or a quick hug for comfort, and then walked out.

I was about to do the same but then someone pulled me into their chest. It was... Banks. I was in complete shock but I just let myself melt into his arms, and he held me tight, and after a couple minutes, I walked out quickly to avoid awkward eye contact with him and headed to practice. Banks has never done that, ever. He's never shown kindness to me. This was  gonna be a long night.

Adam's POV

I wasn't thinking. But I knew she needed some type of comfort. I knew how she felt, I've always felt like I wasn't worth anything to anyone, especially if I couldn't prove myself, especially to my father. Ok, forget I said any of that.  I expected her to push my arms away, but instead she accepted my embrace, she cried quietly on my chest for a couple of minutes and then walked out. To be completely honest, our embrace, in a way calmed me down too. It was a weird feeling. But I needed to forget it. I need to focus on hockey and hockey only, and I need to focus on being better than Sparks. I walked out too and headed to practice.

----------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 11! Hope you enjoyed! What can I say, another heated chapter! Adam and Ange in this chapter though!!! Let me know what you think in the comments.
-author