Chapter 3 - Meeting the Ducks

Angelina's POV

I woke up to a knock on my door. I got up and checked myself in the mirror before opening it. It was Julie.
"Hi Ange! Can I call you that?"
"Yeah, of course you can! What do you need?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to go get brunch with me, so we can get to know each other more than yesterday and have some girl time, how does that sound?"

"Sure Jules I would love too! Come in, you can wait for me in here." I said, gesturing for her to come in. She sat on one of the chair in the room and waited for me to get ready.

The look:

I walked out the bathroom and looked at Julie

"What the fuck, how in the world do you look so beautiful?!"
"Oh stop! Says you!"
We left the hotel and went to brunch. As I've been here before I knew a couple of good places. Julie and I ended up bonding really well over brunch, it was nice getting to know her.

Later that day, it was time to meet the Ducks. We got ready in the locker room before they arrived and we were sat in a room all together, waiting for Tibbles.

Eventually he came in and walked us out and we skated onto the ice and stood opposite what looked like the Ducks and Gordon Bombay, their coach. I had my helmet on the whole time. Let's give them a bit of a surprise.

"Tell me about my new kids." Bombay said, looking at us and then back at Tibbles.

"That's Luis Mendoza. He's from our Miami Club. A real speedster. Incredible skater. I clocked him at 1.9 seconds, blue line to blue line."
Luis started doing his thing, showing off some moves, stuff like that.
Then I overheard some of the Ducks start talking.
"Good looking skater." The only girl on their team said.

"Very good looking. What do you think Guy?" The boy with the glasses said.
"Shut up Averman." And he pushed him to the floor.
"Oof" Averman said.
"He has one minor problem" Tibbles continued, and we heard Luis scream before crashing into the boards, "He has a little trouble stopping."
"I'd say so." Another Duck said.
"Are you ok?" I asked as we helped him up.
"Yeah, I'm alright. I almost had it that time."

Next was Dwayne.
"Yee-haw! How is everyone? Y'all ready to play some puck?" He said as he started showing off his skills.
"Hey look, its Hopalong Gretzky." Some other Duck said and they all laughed.
"That's Dwayne Robertson, from Austin. He's one of the best puck handlers I've ever seen."
"You mean for his age?"
"No I don't."
"Hey this is easier than ropin' hogs! Yee-haw."
"He does have a tendency to show about."

Next was Julie's turn.
"There's Julie "The Cat" Gaffney. She won the state championship for Maine 3 years in a row."
"Well we have a goalie, Goldberg."
Cocky much.
"All right! Bring 'em on man! I'm ready for this! I'm the man! I'm the man!" And just like that, he fell and couldn't get up.
Idiot.
"Watch this." Tibbles said. All the Ducks took shots on Julie and she saved all of them. I couldn't help but smirk.
"Well we... could use a backup."
Ha... more like a replacement.

Next up was Kenny.
"Isn't that the kid from the Olympics? The figure skater?"
"Yup. Ken Wu. What can I say? I convinced him that hockey had more of a future. We put a stick in his hand and nobody's been able to touch him."
And he started showing off.

Next up, Dean.
"Yeah! Show time!"
"That guy's a teenager?"
Dean started singing "Don't you know that everything on fire. Yeah."
"Uh, yeah. Hormones."
"He's a goon."
Dean pushed some of the Ducks over. "C'mon Tex! Sing it with me."
Dwayne shook his head.

He continued to sing "Everything [...] , here ya go sweetie" He handed the stick to Julie.
"My kids don't play that kind of hockey."
"I believe they're called enforcers Gordon, when you play Iceland you're going to need him."
"My little man!" Dean said, lifting Kenny up and sitting him on the goal. Then he came up to me and fist bumped me. "Bash Sister."
One of the Ducks said "Who does this guy think he is?"

And finally it was my turn.
"That's Angelina 'The Hothead' Sparks" Tibbles said proudly, everyone went quiet and stared at me in shock.
"Wait, you mean like THE Angelina Sparks!?!?!"
"We've seen her play before, she's a legend on the ice!"
"And to think that she's gonna be on our team!?!?! Wow!"
"Guys, stop fan- girling, you don't want her to think we are complete losers do you!?!?"

That's all I heard them say before Tibbles continued.
"The best puck handler I've ever seen. The fastest player I've ever seen. Name any quality an amazing hockey player has, she has it. It takes her only 7 seconds to do a lap around the whole ice rink"
That's when I started to skate as fast as I could around the rink and when I got back to where I started, Tibbles clocked the stop watch.

"Boom, exactly 7 seconds!"
Everyone stared at me in amazement.
"From blue like to blue line going backward it takes her 1.5 seconds." I go backwards showing exactly what he said. "And blue line to blue line going forward she is 1.1 seconds." I did what he said and stopped immediately in front of the Ducks, spraying them with some ice. They still looked at me in shock.
That's when I took off my helmet, let my braid fall into place and looked at them. All they did was stare at me in amazement, except one...

Number 99

----------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 3! Hope you enjoyed! Adam doesn't seem to like Ange much... Let me know what you think, comment and vote!
-author