Chapter 10 - Iceland

Adam's POV.

Charlie had an idea. I didn't want to help him tell the boys but I still did, Charlie is my good friend after all. He told all the boys to get up earlier than usual, we needed to discuss something. I got up and I already saw Charlie, and Jesse getting ready. Eventually we all met up at the breakfast area.

"We need to talk." I said, sternly.
"What about?" Luis asked.
"As you know we are playing Iceland today. So we need to set some things straight." Charlie continued.
"Do tell." Averman said.
"During the game tonight we need to protect the girls at all costs. Especially Sparks." I finally said, even though Charlie did make me do it.
"Weird coming from you Banksie, when she's your rival." Dwayne said, with a chuckle.
"I'm being serious." I said to him, causing him to shut up.
"Seriously guys! Those Iceland players are obviously going to try and hurt the girls first because they think they're 'weak'. Of course we know they aren't, but in Kenny's words 'those guys are huge'." Charlie said. He gave me the look for me to continue, I tried to protest but he ended up making me continue.
"And we all know that Sparks is their main target as she's literally their worst enemy. They will want to hurt her not only when she has the puck, but also for the fun of seeing her hurt. I know that you guys cant bear to see that. They might do it to Connie and Julie too." I said.

There was silence.
"I agree with Banksie. We need to protect the girls, the Iceland guys might cause them very serious harm." Guy said and all the other boys nodded, in agreement. It was sorted. We were going to protect the girls at all costs, even though I didn't really want to protect Sparks.
As we continued to discuss we had someone join our circle around the table.
"What the fuck is this? A cult meeting? Without me?! I'm offended!" Spark said said placing her hand dramatically on her heart, causing all the other boys to laugh. You are only protecting Spark because Charlie said so, not for anything else, remember that.

Angelina's POV

I was in the locker room getting ready for the Iceland game. I'm not gonna lie. I'm extremely nervous. But then I felt someone crouch in front of me, putting their hands on my hands.
"Don't be nervous best friend." Charlie said, causing me to look up and smile at him.
"You'll do amazing, nothing to worry about. Let's kick some ass?" He asked, waiting for me to respond.
"Let's kick some ass!" I said making everyone cheer, in the corner of my eye I saw someone look at me, Banks. I looked back at him which caused him to quickly look away. Odd.

Then coach walked in.
"Whoa! He's stylin'! Mr Coach!" Everyone cheered, I just rolled my eyes. He doesn't even spend time with the team anymore, he spends all his time in Malibu. Now that's pathetic. Then he made eye contact with me and saw I was still sitting down.
"Ange, you alright?" He asked.
"Perfectly fine." I said in a monotone voice before getting up and turning away from him, pretending to look for something in my bag.

I heard Averman start talking to him.
"Nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?" He joked causing us to laugh. I then saw Portman and Fulton go up to him.
"Good night last night coach?" Portman asked. I knew exactly what they were talking about.
"Yeah it was fine."
"What'd you do?" Fulton asked
"Oh I... just watched TV, got to bed early." What a fucking liar.
"But not without a little dessert, right?"
"A little ice-cream maybe?" And then they walked away from him.
"Nice haircut. What, ya lose a bet?" Averman said but he just got a look from Coach and walked away.

~

We were now on the ice. Averman and Goldberg were messing around as usual.
"Live from Los Angeles welcome to the Junior Goodwill Games. Tonight's matchup, Team USA faces off against Team Iceland."
"Cakewalk."

"We have with us Greg Goldberg, goaltender for Team USA. Greg what is it going to take to beat these feisty Icelanders tonight?"
"I think it'll take a supreme individual effort by me. Greg Goldberg."
The ref blew his whistle "let's play hockey gentlemen." And skated away.
"Okay cut it." Averman said to the 'camera man'.

~

The game started, Portman was taken out the game in the first 30 seconds. Fuck. Iceland were crushing us. This is a shit show. Iceland kept on scoring goal. Coach was about to put Julie in Goldberg's place but she got taken out the game too. Coach still hasn't put me in the game. I was so pissed.
"Where's our concentration?" Coach asked, he was obviously angry. "You guys are running around like a bunch of chickens with their head cut off."
"We're trying our best." Jesse said.
"Well your best isn't good enough anymore. Blow this game and we are one loss away from elimination. You guys might want to go home early but I sure as heck don't."
"Man that was inspirational."

Suddenly Banks had the puck. He made his way down the ice and he scores! We stood up in excitement but that excitement stopped when one of the Iceland players smashed their stick on Adam's hand. Without thinking I got up and jumped out the box and skated towards him
"Oh my God are you ok?!" Everyone else asked, he nodded making everyone believe him, and they skated away. But I stayed. I took his helmet off which made him look at me. All I could see in his eyes was pain, utter pain.

"I know you're not ok." I said calmly. Then he spoke. "I'm fine." He said, then he took his helmet out of my hands before skating away. Then I went back to the box. Connie gave me a confused look. I sat next to her and whispered what happened. 

"I know he's not ok." I said and then turned to coach. "And you for goodness sake, put me in the damn game!!!" I yelled, all he did was nod and I jumped out the box.

I was sprinting down the ice, dodging Iceland players left, right and centre. I fake it, tricking the goalie and the I score! I heard cheers and I smiled but then I felt at least 3 Iceland players collide into me. I fell to the floor, I tired getting up, but I physically couldn't, then everything went black.  But I woke up exactly a minute later with the whole team crowding around me, and my head on Charlie's lap. Then I saw Coach clicking his fingers at me, and I looked at him.
"Get up, and keep playing." He said.
I was about get up but then Charlie got involved.

"Are you insane, she could be seriously hurt!" He said defending me. He stood up and I saw the whole team glaring at  Coach as he walked away. I got up and stood next to him.
"Conway" I said to him, no answer. "Spazaway." I said, still no answer, he kept on glaring at Coach. I sighed.
"Charlie." And then he looked at me, eyes filled with worry. "I'm fine, I'm okay I promise. Don't worry about me." I said with a smile, but he still looked at me with worry.
"Come on team, I still have a few minutes to beat the shit out of some of these guys." Making them laugh. And we continue to play.

----------------------------------------------------------
That was chapter 10! Hope you enjoyed! Charlie and Ange's friendship is everything!!! Let me know what you think!
-author