Chapter 23

----------------

Cameron's POV

I had another date. A second date. And I was excited. Master Gavin had given both of us a couple days to look over the contract and add what we needed. We had agreed to meet today again at home, since this was yet again not a conversation made for public. This time he was coming here. I suspected Master Graham and his innate ability to interrupt was the main reason for that. Either way I was fine with it. This time I got to cook for him

I was going to make a nice sheet pan chicken dinner. One of my favorites. It was also a fairly easy, uncomplicated recipe. Gave me plenty of time to make sure my apartment was presentable... and obviously to worry. I had the food in the oven about halfway done, when Gavin texted me that he was on his way. 

I made an embarrassing 'eek' noise and rushed to my room to change. I wanted something that said comfortable but stylish. I slipped on a t shirt and green flannel and dark wash jeans. I quickly pulled my hair down from the quick ponytail I had thrown in it while I cooked, and tried to make it as presentable as possible. I squirted a bit of my leave in conditioner onto my hands and ran my fingers through my hair to make it silky smooth. I put everything back and went back to the kitchen to work on the fruit salad I was making. Soon, there was a knock on my door. I quickly put the knife I was using down and opened the door. 

"Hey! Sorry, someone was leaving when I got here and let me in," Gavin said as I gestured for him to come in. 

"Oh, cool, that's convenient."

"Yeah. Oh hey there, buddy," He cooed as 'Berto ran up to him, chirping the whole way. Master Gavin crouched down to give him his well deserved chin scratches. After the week he spent here Bear had gotten really comfortable with him. I would dare to say Gavin was Bear's second favorite person now, even more than Granny Peg. I watched with a small smile as he showered Bear with love and attention. Soon he straightened up and turned back towards me. 

"Guess I should give you a proper hello too, hey?" He said coming closer. I gave him a confused look before realizing what he meant. He chuckled and leaned closer, connecting his lips with mine. I found myself subconsciously swaying closer to him. He smiled into the kiss and placed his hands on my hips, keeping me steady. He pulled back slowly after a moment, leaning his forehead against mine, panting softly. 

"Hi, pet," He said quietly. I whispered almost silently, "Hi," against his lips. I smiled and boldly pecked him on the lips before stepping back to go back to the kitchen. I didn't miss the small shocked expression he had on his face from my short kiss. I almost laughed. Instead, I returned to the fruit I was cutting and mixing into the bowl. Once I was finished, I moved it over to the dining table and turned back to see Gavin bent over in front of the oven to see what I was making. Nice view.

"What is this? It's smells absolutely divine," he said with an exaggerated inhale. I laughed quietly.

"Sheet pan chicken and veggies, I hope thats okay. It's one of my favorite recipes. Very delicious and easy enough to make," I said coming closer. I almost blushed at what I said, maybe I shouldn't have admitted it was something easy. I hope I didn't offend him with the idea that he wasn't worth making something more complicated for. 

Before I could spiral into darker thoughts he said, "That sound great, pet! I can't wait to eat it. And you made a fruit salad to go with it? You're really spoiling me, hey?" I blushed at that. 

"Well, like I said, it's one of my favorite meals," I said bashfully, looking away. I heard his chuckle as he bumped his shoulder against mine. Just as I was going to say something else the oven beeped. I quickly shut the alarm off before grabbing some oven mitts and removing the pan from the oven. I carried it over to the table and placed it on the trivet in the middle of the table. I turned off the oven, grabbed some tongs for serving, and led Gavin back to the table.