Chapter 21

---------------------

Cameron's POV

A week has passed since I had asked Master Gavin to lay with me and then had my embarrassing nightmare in front of him. He was finally back at home and I went back to work tomorrow, with Doctor's permission. Gavin had only went back home yesterday, after multiple reassurances from both the doctor and I that I would be okay. He even convinced Granny Peg to come and check on me at some point. I was really sad to see him go, though I wouldn't admit it, but I did enjoy having my own space again. It'd been a long time since I've lived with another person.

I was a little nervous to see Master Gavin at the club. I was sure I would. While he was with me at my place he never took things too far, but there was definitely some repressed tension between us. He said he wanted to take me on a date, but he never said when. Maybe he was joking, or just trying to help me feel better. I guess I wouldn't know until tomorrow. 

I spent the rest of my day cleaning up, getting ready for work, and worrying about what would happen when I saw Gavin again. He had left yesterday so it wasn't like I hadn't seen him recently, but for some reason I seemed to miss him. It was almost as if he felt it since right as I was thinking that my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi, sweet boy. How are you feeling?" I could feel myself blushing at that. 

"I'm feeling a lot better, Sir. I had some of that soup you left here and that seemed to help."

"Oh, good. I'm glad to hear that, pet. You're back at work tomorrow I heard. Are you sure you're okay to go back to work?" He asked in a concerned tone. I chuckled lightly at that.

"Yes, Sir. I'm more than fine to go back to work. The doctor okayed it and I'm ready to get back into my routine."

"Alright, if you're sure. But, I'm going to be there tomorrow so I'm going to check on you and I want you to let me know at any time if you think it's too much or you're not feeling well. Alright?" He said in that do not argue with me tone he seemed to have. I nodded in response and then realized he couldn't see me. 

"Alright, Sir. You'll be the first person I tell if I'm not feeling up to it. I think I will be okay, though," I said softly. I didn't want him to think I was arguing with him. I heard a shuffling noise and then a soft sigh.

"Alright, good. I know I may be overreacting, I just don't want you to overdo yourself. I trust you to know your limits though," He said just as softly as I had spoken. I could feel another light blush making its way onto my face, along with a small smile creeping its way in. I don't know how this man managed to make me feel nervous and safe at the same time. 

"Now, it's getting late, and I want you to get a good night's rest for work tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay, I can do that, Sir. I'm pretty tired anyway," I said while stretching, an involuntary yawn leaving me. Gavin hummed at that. Just then 'Berto meowed loudly at me before jumping into bed with me. Master Gavin must've heard him because he let out a quick chuckle.

"Sounds like someone agrees that it's bedtime," He said, clearly amused. I laughed lightly. 

"Yeah, he's made himself comfortable and is glaring at me to do the same," I said while reaching down to pet him. He immediately stretched out and starting purring. Such a baby. I smiled softly at him. I love you, you big dummy.

"Alright, well, I'm going to let you go so you two can get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow, Cameron. Goodnight. Sweet dreams, sweet boy," He said gently.

"Goodnight, Sir. I hope you sleep well," I said back, blushing yet again. This man was going to turn me red I swear. We both hung up and I settled into bed with 'Berto at my side. I slowly drifted off to his purring while I lightly rubbed his back.