1- The Prince and The Fox (Sanders Sideskicks AU)

Roman stares at his fellow Sides expectantly, waiting for any of their reactions towards their current situation.

"Well...?" He trails off, eyes gazing at each of his famILY.

"Well what?" Logan asks, picking up his allocated necklace, "Do you presume we stake out and search for these animal counterparts of ours?"

"Um, duh?" The fanciful Side replies, "Our Thomas has given us a quest wherein we get to look for our own little companions, so let us all be off!"

Virgil is quick to stop Roman from gallivanting away in pure excitement of going on an adventure.

"Hold on a sec, Princey. Are you implying we all go our separate ways? Like, splitting up? Going in different directions?!"

A look of realization dawns upon the Prince at seeing the unease and panic rising within the anxious Side.

"Hey, hey, no need to fret my Chemically Imbalanced Romance. We can stick together, if you'd like?"

"Y-yeah, that'd be great." Virgil nods, then shoots Roman an apologetic look, "Sorry, Ro I just-... The idea of venturing alone makes me anxious, unsurprisingly, being the literal embodiment of anxiety and all."

"No, no, it's fine. I understand completely." The creative Side assures, "We can go search for our furry friends together! What about you guys-?" He turns to ask the three other Sides, but find that they've already begun their journey, necklaces already placed around their necks.

"...Did they just ditch us?"

"Looks like it, yeah." The fanciful Side nods, his necklace now placed around his neck. The red orb glinting in the sunlight.

"..."

"So uh, let's get a move on, then?" Roman outstretches a hand for Virgil to take.

"Yeah, but we are not holding hands." Virgil smirks at seeing the hopeful smile fall from the Prince's face, "Nice try, though."

"Well, it was worth a shot."

------

"Are you sure this is where we're supposed be?" Virgil asks skeptically, his eyes staring at the new scenery around them. The scenery changed from green, clean-cut grass and elm trees to a mixture of yellow, red, and orange colored maple leaves both on the maple trees and forest ground below them.

"Positive, my Dark and Stormy Knight."

"Well, alright then, Ramen Noodles."

An offended Princey noise escapes the creative Side's lips at hearing the nickname he was given. Virgil couldn't help but crack up at his reaction, his laughter filling the whole forest with a warm, pleasant sound.

Roman may or may not have gotten a little bit gayer.

But no one has to know about that.

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SON OF A BI- OOF!"

Virgil silences himself at hearing the sudden voice, snapping his head over to where he heard the yelling. Roman does the same, and for precaution, conjures up his sword.

"Who goes there?!" The fanciful Side calls out.

"Wait- Roman?" The voice questions back. A few rustling noises are heard before a figure covered in maple leaves appear from behind a tree, Starbucks in hand and a pissed look on his face, "Gurl, you are not going to believe what just happened to me."

"Remy?" Virgil stares at the Sanders Shorts character in amusement.

"Oh hey! Sup, Anxie!" Remy (aka Sleep) greets happily, but then remembers his little dilemma and faces the creative Side with a serious look, "You have got to help me, Romeo!"

"Romeo?"

"It's just a nickname." The sassy character smirks at the obvious jealousy laced in Anxiety's voice, "Hush now, Juliet, I'm explaining my crisis over here."

Virgil lowers his head to let his bangs hide the sudden blush that's coating his cheeks, "W-whatever..."

Roman fakes a cough to hide the smile that was forming on his lips and focuses his attention on the Starbucks loving character.

"What seems to be the problem, dear friend?"

"Uh? Isn't it obvious? My sunglasses are gone!"

Now that he mentions it, both Sides now notice the missing accessory that completes the character's signature look.

"Oh! What happened? Did someone take it?"

Remy huffs, sipping from his cup of coffee, "No, more like someTHING took my precious sunglasses! I don't even know what it was! All I know is like, one second I was enjoying my walk around this place, then suddenly boom! something soft lands on top of my head, snatches up my sunglasses, then disappears in a furry flash! I tried chasing after it but I ended up tripping on my own feet... Good thing I saved my Starbucks when I fell."

A soft squeak is suddenly heard from above. When all three heads look up to the sound, they find a small, cream colored fennec fox smiling triumphantly at the Sleep character, his sunglasses in between it's teeth as it gracefully struts and sits smugly on a maple tree branch.

"That's it! That's the thief!" Remy cries out, dramatically leaning on Virgil, "My life is slowly fading away without my sunglasses to complete my aesthetic!"

"Dude, get off! I can't support all of your weight!"

"Gurl, you callin' me fat? I'll have you know I-"

Roman tunes out the two bantering in the background, making his sword disappear then focusing on the little creature sat atop a maple tree branch.

"Hey there, mind if you return those sunglasses? I believe they don't rightfully belong to you." He calmly tells the fox, reaching his hand out tentatively. To his surprise and amazement, it drops the sunglasses right onto his palm.

"Why, thank you, little fox." Roman graciously bows to show his gratitude towards her compliance, the necklace that hung around his neck beginning to glow. He stares at it in awe, and so does the little fennec fox.

Remy and Virgil stop arguing when a burst of red and gold glitter explode before them. They quickly turn their gazes towards the creative trait, and they find him smiling widely at them, with the fennec fox perched elegantly on his shoulder.

"Guys, meet my little counterpart companion, Lady."