Agriculture ⭐

People need and rely on farms.

But farming takes up a lot of space. That means that you have to cut down forests (such as the amazon. See the chapter on that), which is bad for the environment. (Check out the chapter 'What is Causing Global Warming?'). Also, while washing meat, you have to use up a lot of water, which is bad for the environment.

Agriculture is very important, and it can be hard to make a choice between agriculture and the environment.

A lot of the time, people waste food. Food waste is really bad for the environment, and for money. When people waste food, they're wasting the time and effort to produce it, as well as the money they spent to buy it. Below is a video on food waste.

It's 1 hour long and is about food waste. Watching it will make you realize how much food is wasted. Since it's an hour long, a lot of people won't have time to watch it.

Here's a quick recap.

The documentary is based on two freegans (people who eat discarded food to help stop food waste) for 6 months. They think, at the beginning, that they're not going to have enough to eat, but they realize that there is so much food being thrown away. At one point, they find boxes full of chocolate that was discarded because the wrapping had writing on it that was in French. One time, they find a small swimming pool full of hummus!

The movie makes you realize how much food is being discarded and how much food is being eaten. Unfortunately, a lot of people are suffering due to food insecurity. Especially during Covid, when people loose their jobs because the businesses shut down.

All the food that's being wasted - just because it's not shaped in a perfect circle - just being the labels are in a different language - could go to a much better use. So if you're going grocery shopping and you see a pear that's shaped oddly, take it. The pear is for you to eat, not to stare at it and admire it's beauty. The pear isn't dangerous and will give you Sal Manella. The pear is safe, just shaped a tiny bit different than normal. That means the pear is unique, just like all of us.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter. If you want to, you can recommend this book to a family or friend. That way, more people will know about global warming. If you've done that, then thank you for helping spread the word about global warming.

-save_the_earth5