Animals ⬇️ (And a tiny bit of info on animal cruelty)

This section will be about some endangered animals

There are so many endangered animals. I know that this section might seem very depressing, but there are a lot of endangered animals and we need to save them from extinction.

These following chapters are written in a different format. Instead of the usual question-answer format, these chapters will be written like the standard book format. Here are the following chapters:

1. Wolves (Wolves are my favorite animals, so naturally they would come first)

2. Pandas

3. Elephants

4. Whales (all kinds; blue, orca, etc.)

5. Polar bears

6. Bird population

Now, a tiny bit about animal cruelty.

A lot of books about animals tend to focus on this topic. That's because it's a very sad topic, that people (including me) think should be recognized.

I'm pretty sure that everyone has heard of the Golden Rule. If not, here is is.

'Do onto others as you would have others do onto you.'

Let's say you don't like people to slap you on the face (I'm pretty sure no one likes that). Then you wouldn't slap others on the face. (Technically, the golden rule doesn't apply to everyone because technically someone might like being called a certain name but technically others don't. But technically, we shouldn't get into the technicallys). But some people don't think that animals have feelings?

Or do they?

Humans are animals. And so if humans have feelings, then dogs, whales, chickens, eagles, seals, sharks, and other animals should be able to have feelings. But, animals do have feelings. (See source citation).

So what does this have to do with animals cruelty?

Everything.

A lot of people who beat animals or hit them with a whip think, 'I'll hit them because they'll move faster and pull my carriage.' Or sleigh. Or whatever an animal is pulling. But think about it in the animal's point of the view. Imagine that you're a horse and you're pulling someone's carriage.

You're getting hot and sweaty pulling it, and you're not having fun. You would rather be eating hay or sleeping. But no. You're pulling a carriage for someone. You're walking very, very, very slowly because your back aches from pulling carriages.

Suddenly, the whip comes down on your already bruised back. The pain jolts through you and you are forced to run. Run as fast as you can. Because if you don't, the whip will come down on you again.

That's the perspective of a horse. People who beat animals also sometimes think, 'They're to dumb to care. I'll just whip them. They're not very smart.'

'They're not very smart.'

That sentence doesn't really make any sense because animals can be smarter than humans. Take a dog, for example. If you tell a dog to sit, they'll sit. Now, let's say a dog told us to sit in dog language. Would we sit?

No. We wouldn't. We would just hand the dog a few treats and scratch behind their ears.

There was also a gorilla who learned sign language. Her name was Koko. It was remarkable that she was able to do it, because humans and gorillas speak different languages and trying to teach a gorilla a language when you don't even speak the same language as the gorilla is very difficult.

So, animals are smart. And they feel pain. The unfair treatment against a lot of animals should be stopped.

Bekoff, Marc. Animal Emotions: Exploring Passionate Natures. Web. 1 Jan. 2020. <https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/50/10/861/233998>.

Main, Douglas. Why Koko the Gorilla Mattered. Web. 1 Jan. 2020. <https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2018/06/gorillas-koko-sign-language-culture-animals/#:~:text=Born%20July%204%2C%201971%2C%20Koko,Cohn%20founded%20The%20Gorilla%20Foundation.>.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for reading this chapter. If you want to, you can recommend this book to a family or friend. That way, more people will know about global warming. If you've done that, then thank you for helping spread the word about global warming.

-save_the_earth5