Day 9

hehehehe Sorry for what y'all are about to read... tissues...

--

Karl

--

"We need to get going soon, Karl," Lexi spoke, taking in a big mouthful of pancake. I sighed, leaning further into Sap's side. He laid his head on mine, his soft hair brush against my forehead. We sat in comfortable silence. His body was warm and comforting. I felt a small tear fall onto my forehead. 

I sit up, placing my forehead against Sapnap's. His dark eyes were filled with wet tears. I placed a hand on his warm cheek, his stubble rubbing against my thumb. I wiped away a tear, the man leaned into my hand closing his eyes. 

"You-You need to come back," He spoke after a moment. His voice was somber and broke, I felt my heart tie itself into a knot. One of guilt and love. One I caused if only I was a little safer.

"I want to promise that I can, I really... really want to," I said wiping away another tear off his face. His eyes were now red and puffy, his dark brown eyes locked with mine. I lifted my chin into a soft kiss. His lips tasted of bacon, causing me to smile softly. I pulled away giggling. I licked my lips slowly, savoring the salty taste along 

I frown as Sap pulls away from me, my body instantly becoming ice cold again. He stands and reaches a rough dirt-stained hand out towards me. I giggle, letting him pull me up. He pulls me towards the truck, leaning in to turn on the radio. 

"I made us a playlist, all the songs I think of when looking at you. All the songs that make me want to hug you and kiss you and dance with you," Sap spoke as the first song began to play. The strumming of the guitar filled my ears, they soothing noise soothed in my heart. 

Sap's eyes met mine again. His gaze was warm now, filled with love. It was different than before, his gaze was transfixed on mine. I placed a hand on his face, dirt was still caking his cheeks. They covered his soft freckles. I wiped away some dirt before leaning up to kiss his cheek. The course hairs rubbed against my cheek causing a small giggle to escape my lips.

"Look at the stars, 

Look how they shine for you,"

Sapnap sang with the lyrics as we swayed. His voice was comforting and warm. Almost as if they were grabbing me as he sang, every lyric pulling me closer. Pulling me closer to loving him, to wanting him. The way he'd sing the songs like the lyrics were made for me. Like I was the only person to ever exist in his mind. 

"I wrote a song for you

and all the things you do,

and it was called yellow,"

I pulled him into a wet kiss, the tears I hadn't realized had fallen were mixing with his. My chest tightened as the seconds passed. Sap's hand settled on my waist as the other sat on my cheek. The warmth seeping into my heart. Our lips moved together in unison. I pulled away setting my head on his chest. He placed his other hand in my hair as he fingered through the knots. I closed my eyes sinking into his chest and sinking into the lyrics. 

"Oh all the things I've done 

and it was all yellow,

Your skin, Oh yeah your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful,"

I nuzzled further into his chest. My tears leaving a damp spot on his shirt, I looked up at him, the lyrics of the songs only being used as background noise. I pulled up and kissed his nose quickly.

"Karl, you are my Yellow, I don't know what I did to get this lucky," He spoke. "Karl I need to tell you something-"

"Tell me when I come back. Don't just tell me because I'm leaving. I need a reason to make it back, To fight Him. I can't have you say it and I don't make it back, it'll shatter you," My voice broke. I wanted him to say those three words, but the truth is I am not confident that I'd come back to him. 

How was I supposed to know that Lexi was telling the truth, or that the antidote even worked? what if the antidote worked but I wasn't the same person anymore? Would it even be worth it? I couldn't let Sap know I didn't think I'd ever see him again. I couldn't, I needed to be strong for him. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but we need to start heading that way if we are to make it before nightfall," Lexi's tender voice pulled me from my thoughts. I looked over to her, she was holding out my backpack, dried tears shone on her cheeks. I sighed, releasing myself from Sap's grasp. I pulled on the large backpack. It was heavy, the straps already digging into my shoulders. 

I looked over to Sap, his chest was moving quickly, his eyes darting around. I quickly walked over to him, holding his face in my hands. 

"I will be back, you aren't a line without a hook darling, you hooked me. You got me," Tears began to spill from his eyes as he held back a sob. I kissed him one last time, the kiss was deep and desperate. Neither one of strong enough to pull away. The moment was bittersweet, thoughts of my father course through my soul. Remembering the last kiss he and my mother shared. The last time I got to laugh with my sister. 

I pulled away gasping for air. I held back the tears that threatened to fall. I gave him a light kiss on the nose. I blink, my eyelashes dusting against his cheek. 

"Butterfly kisses for the road," I tell him. My lips quiver slightly. Sap chuckles, wiping away his tears. I turn away, my hand falling out of his grasp. 

"Goodbye Karl," He choked out. 

"See you late Sap," I smiled, giggling before turning to leave. 

--

Swagnap

--

His giggle left a soft spot in my soul. It always had. 

God, I hate Tomorrow...

---

SORYRYYRYRYRY