Intoxicating [Killer x Reader]

There was a scent in the air, one he knew all too well. Your scent.

It was always like that.

You two would be in the same island, the same place, but he'd miss you by an hour, by a few minutes... It was starting to drive him insane.

It was intrinsic in his blood, the need to hunt done those he set his mind on, and you had been his main target for... far too long, just for far too long. He didn't even know what it was about you that he craved, that made his skin ripple with goosebumps at the smallest touch and set his blood on fire.

He hated it. He needed it.

He was already mentally organizing his plans to reach the following island faster. He would have to convince Kid first somehow, but he would be there on time for once; hell, he could be early for a change.

He turned left at the end of the hall, crossed the upper door of the theater and pressed his back against the wall, darkness engulfing it all and keeping him safe from the curious eyes of the Nobles gathered in the Auctioning House.

Despite the object covering his face and the lack of light, he spotted Kid not far away from where he was, and that was enough for him to relax.

"It's revolting," you murmured, folding your arms and leaning against the stone frame.

His eyes shot to the side to stare at you, his breath caught in his throat out of utter shock. He felt the need to suppress a shiver. He had not seen you coming, hadn't even noticed a simple change in the air. Nothing.

Were you an enemy, you could have destroyed him in the blink of an eye.

Your ability to appear out of thin air... it was another of your skills that drove him crazy. There was no way of telling if you'd pop up for a visit at the last minute.

You were unpredictable, and he craved control.

At not receiving an answer, you redirected your eyes to his mask, tilting your head up and to the left to look at him comfortably.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded softly, refocusing his attention on the man on stage despite the mental groan running through his mind in a loop. He begged himself to take in as much of your form as possible, to capture you in his arms and never let go.

"I wonder what would happen if we killed them," you thought out loud, your lips curling upwards to reveal a row of pearly whites.

He exhaled through his nose, amused. The idea alone was tempting, and coming from you it was just another thing to add to the list of traits that made you irresistible. Your brain was as wicked as his, perhaps even more.