twenty || to spit or to swallow *

Start from the beginning

   "I didn't say anything," he cried out defensively, although his words fell into laughter as he observed me flopping around like a fish out of water on his bedroom floor.

  "You're a sexy little thing in the morning, aren't you?" he mused, and I groaned and rolled my eyes as I finally pulled the blanket off of my body, my small hands balling up into fists and my black and red fingernails digging into the tender skin of my palms.

   Ignoring his teasing stares, I pushed myself successfully to my feet, clutching the blanket under one arm and jutting my other hand out to the bedside table, grabbing my phone quickly and bringing it back closer to my face.

   I let out a huff of annoyance as I scrolled through the text messages on my phone, feeling Harry's unwavering stare on me as I clicked on every single message.

  12:25 a.m. || Willa-Bean: I'm getting that good dick tonight. You better be too. If your coochie isn't hurting in the morning then it was not a successful night ;)

  I scoffed a little bit as I read it and continued on to the next. 

12:47 a.m. || Lars Baby: There is absolutely no fucking way any of us are making it home tonight. I think I just did enough tequila shots for everyone at this party. I'll find you in the morning, I'm sure. Hope you're having as good of a night as I am.

   I laughed a little bit as I pictured Lars throwing down endless rows of shots. I'm sure that was a sight to see. 

 12:58 a.m. || Willa-Bean: Fucking hell, can we get some brie at the store tomorrow? We have been deprived of fancy cheeses for too long, and I won't allow it to continue for a moment longer.

12:59 a.m. || Willa-Bean: You know what else is a good kind of cheese? Swiss. I feel like it's really fucking underrated. But a little bit of swiss cheese on a cracker with some brie and honey? An unmatched combination. Sorry, I'm drunk snacking. 

1:00 a.m. || Willa-Bean: Oh my gosh, and I'm drunk texting. You're my drunk text, Finley. Oh my fuck, are we in love? 

1:01 a.m. || Willa-Bean: Duh, of course, we are. 

  I giggled a bit, but then I saw a text from Alex, and I silenced my giggles to focus on reading it, still feeling Harry's eyes on every inch of me as I stood there. 

1:05 a.m. || Alex J: Where are you? Are you safe? Did Harry hurt you? I swear if that fucker was lying to me I'll kick his ass straight into next week.

   My breath hitched in my throat a bit at his text message to me. 

  And apparently, I made it a bit obvious.

   "What are you frowning at?" Harry asked warily.

 "Nothing," I lied, but I answered too quickly, it was obvious that I was hiding something and Harry clearly picked up on it.

   "Who texted you?" he challenged again, sliding his legs out from under the comforter and glancing up at me suspiciously.

   "No one," I shrugged off, giving him the most unconvincing smile I think I had ever mustered.

  He stood up to his full and intimidating height, raising an eyebrow at me in a way that told me he wasn't buying it.  

  "Let me see your phone then," he countered, and instinctively, I clutched it closer to my chest.

 He held out his hand expectantly, but I wouldn't budge, causing his large hands to wrap around my small ones, attempting to pry my phone out from my grip.