3

"You won't say anything?! Ma! Pa!" his voice echoed throughout the four corners of our mansion.

I sometimes wonder kung pinaglihi ba siya sa kung ano mang engkanto noong pinagbubuntis siya ni mama.

Whoever tries to face him in times like this would have definitely peed in their garments by now. Just at this moment, I don't consider myself lucky for being his twin.

If that's how I'll look like when I'm mad, I'd rather control my temper.

I slowly put down the spoon and fork I was holding and spoke. "Bro, chill. Love is a trend all the time, why are you acting like you are born in such a loveless world? Don't be naive and stop overreacting," sipping my tea, napansin ko si Papa na hinihilot ang sentido niya.

Sinumbong lang naman ako ng kumag kong kapatid na harap-harapang nakikkipagharutan sa kaibigan niya. I would never forget to let him turn around the next time I flirt with his precious friend.

"Anak, you are both of right age to fall in love. Despite everything, let's give your sister the freedom..." See, I wasn't a mother's girl for nothing. Binelatan ko si Niall na mukhang wrong move ata.

"This isn't even about her! I'm worried for my friend!" giit pa niya.

Given the right to speak up about my life, I asked. "What are you worried about? Is he dying, too?"

Magsasalita pa sana ang kapatid ko ng biglang may boses na pumigil.

"Enough, the both of you."

Papa's authorative voice was the only thing that settles everything.

It was rare for the four of us to enjoy a meal together unless some matters must be discussed. Papa would either be in a meeting outside or inside the country, holding deals and partnership with other companies.

His existence was highly acknowledged as the famous tycoon in the field of almost everything.

While Mama was... herself. She didn't have as much wealth my father had but she was everything he needed to survive. She stayed here at home, managing her small restaurant and of course, us.

He eyed me enough to make someone melt on their seat, "Don't ever say anything like that in front of me. Not when you are alive and breathing right now, tomorrow, and years to come." matigas niyang sabi.

I couldn't do anything but clench my fist under the table and swallowed hard. They won't ever learn to accept the truth, will they?

"At ikaw naman Niall, let her do what she wants as long as she won't be bringing in here a child," pagpapatuloy niya saka bumaling sa pagkain nito. I noticed mom's stare and gave a slight nod at both of us. A sign of retreat.

"Go back eating because I have some good news to announce."

I showed no hint of excitement nor interest for what's to be spilled. By the looks of it, my guess couldn't be wrong.

It was always the hope for a heart.

With a sanguine smile on his face, he continued. "Eli is now second in line on the waiting list for a heart transplant. Soon enough, maybe months from now, we'll finally get a heart for her."

Tears were starting to form in my mother's eyes and Niall was stunned as if we hadn't argue a while ago. All of their faces softened and the hope for my life was burning inside them. Unti-unti nila akong nilingon at hinintay ang magiging reaksyon.

"Uh, congratulations to me... yey?" I awkwardly said.

"Umayos ka nga, Eli. You should be grateful for this." biglang bulyaw ni Niall.