The Party Connoisseur

Start from the beginning

I grimaced discreetly to myself. Someone as bad for me as Aaron shouldn't have made me feel that way. I shook my head to clear such thoughts.

"I guess I made a mistake." Aaron interrupted my thoughts and draped his arm across my shoulder, giving off a picture of a loving couple. I turned my head to him slightly, keeping my eyes directed to Mr. Parker.

"About what?" I questioned. Even if I wasn't looking at him, I could still sense Aaron smirking. He moved closer to me.

"About you not having courage. I made a mistake in thinking that." His breath hit my cheek as he spoke.

I smiled smugly, turning fully towards him.
"So, what you're trying to say is 'The Great Aaron Walker' was wrong?" I teased, raising both eyebrows.

Aaron rolled his eyes.
"No. What I'm trying to say is 'The Great Aaron Walker' was not right."

My eyebrows furrowed at this.
"Is there really a difference?" I questioned, folding my arms.

Aaron smiled, tapping my nose with an index finger.
"Yes, cupcake. Yes, there is."

I snorted, turning away.
"Okay. Sure."

It was then that I realised that we weren't the only ones who weren't concentrating to what Mr. Parker was saying. Some of the students gazes in the classroom were on us. It was as if no-one was used to the sight of the two very different people acting so smitten.

"Do you like it?" Aaron took hold of my hand, examining the ring with a smile.

I responded with a grin.
"It's beautiful, Aaron." I said, nodding appreciatively to my hand.

Aaron chuckled before looking at me.
"Like you." He said sincerely.

Before I could answer, the bell ring and Aaron rose to his feet.
"You coming?" He questioned, heading towards the door. He stuck his hand out towards me.

I smiled, nodding to the male who had called me beautiful.

**************

"Okay. Stop eating my food now, it's getting old really fast." I whined to Aaron who had just stolen a third chicken piece from my plate.

Aaron raised an eyebrow.
"Geez, isn't that what you're here for?" He questioned, sounding absolutely serious.

My eyebrow raised in response.
"To provide you with food?" I asked, my voice full with genuine curiosity.

Aaron shook his head, a grin on his face.
"Not only providing, but also the feeding. You're in charge of that too."

I raised an eyebrow.
"Oh really? And, pray tell, what do you bring to the relationship?" I asked, drumming my fingers on the table.

He smiled, dragging a hand through his hair.
"Just stand there and look gorgeous while doing it." He said, biting his lip. I glared pointedly at him, making him put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Come on, Lexi. You think I'm so sexist. Well, I mean, I just gave you the male breadwinner role and me the stereotypical female role. The least you could do is smile." He said, demonstrating a smile to me as if I hadn't stretched my lips in that manner before.

I nodded, smiling.
"And, usually, the female role it to stand there and look gorgeous?" I queried.

Aaron nodded, his eyes glimmering with that same mirth whenever he tried to mess with me. I dared him with my eyes to try and anger me but, with Aaron being Aaron, he just stared back.

"Yep." He said cheekily.

"Hey, new girl!" A voice boomed from behind, interrupting our conversation before it could into a fight. I didn't have to look who it was. The nickname gave it away.