Chapter 24: Look at Me

Start from the beginning

Hgfggg. Stop. That's too adorable.

"Virgil!"

He ran up to me but stopped in his tracks when he heard someone clearing her throat.

I looked at where the sound came from and saw a beautiful black-haired woman with deep blue eyes. She had a smile on her face but I felt like it didn't reach her eyes as she looked at Cyril with an almost judging look.

I looked back at Cyril, who held back his previous excitement and instead held a more formal position and posture.

Judging from what happened, I can only guess that the woman with black hair is his mother, the Queen, and Empress of the empire. I don't have a good impression of her, since I know what she's like in the game and what she put my pupp— *ahem* Cyril through.

I walked over to Cyril and greeted him.

"It's a pleasure to see you today, Crown Prince."

I looked up to see Cyril's childish smile on his face again as he greeted me back.

What an adorable kid, you just want to pinch his cheeks and give him candy.

While I was doting on him in my head, I looked over at Violet, who was barely able to contain her excitement at seeing him.

Calm yourself, child. Don't ruin the image we were finally able to repair.

Luckily, she was able to calm herself enough to greet him normally, rather than like a screaming fangirl.

After that, the adults and the children almost just naturally separated into different tables. I see the kid table and adult table are still a thing even in an otome game.

I ended up sitting at a table with Cyril while Violet went to find other children to talk to so she could change the image people had of her. This was all in our plan I had taught her. I was just there in case she needed support.

While talking to Cyril, who behaved like a happy puppy, I realized that multiple eyes were staring at us. Nobody was approaching us, but I could definitely feel the gazes of people from different places.

Thinking about it, it makes sense. Not to mention the titles we have, we also have the looks of capture targets. Even as kids, our appearances definitely aren't mob-like and could catch the attention of any passerby. Truly, it's scary how this world operates. Thank god I was at least reincarnated into the body of a main character with a distinct and good-looking face.

However, I can only thank my forever stoic face, or I might just break down in embarrassment from the capture target treatment. I never realized how mortifying it would feel to just introduce myself and hear a bunch of whispers and muffled squeals from girls I don't know. THAT'S SO EMBARRASSING! MY QUESTION IS HOW IN THE WORLD CYRIL CAN JUST TAKE IT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE LIKE NOTHING IS WRONG!

Hahhh...

I look over at Violet, and luckily she seems to be doing a lot better.

When she introduced herself, there were a lot of murmurs from the noble children present. The way Violet acted before must've made an impression on some children, so to see how much she's changed in just a year must be super surprising.

She was luckily able to join a table with three other girls, one of which included Iris.

I've gotten a lot used to using magic in just daily life so I can always be training, so I enhanced my hearing naturally to see what they were talking about. Of course, I only used it on one of my ears, so I could still pay attention to what was happening in my immediate surroundings. I was still naturally participating in the conversation I was having currently since it would be rude otherwise.