20•|FEMI AND MUMMY |

Start from the beginning

I stopped listening. His words were anathema to me.

“See I just wanted to dance with her and she was forming big girl, like we don't know girls like them, are they not the ones that sell their bodies for. . .” his words couldn't stop playing in my head.

He called Pink a prostitute.

Pink. . .a prostitute?

Something snapped in me.

Someone was awake. He was about to take over. . .again. Someone that I hadn't seen for long. Someone that had always been the demon. Someone who was ruthless, was about to resurface.

Femi.

He kept kicking and fighting with me, trying to come out and take control over the body, but I didn't want him to. I snapped really fast while I tried fighting my inner person. My inner demon. My head was swelling, I was loosing myself slowly giving in for Femi to take over but I didn't want that.

Why now? Since three years now, he was finally showing face.

Why now?

Why now?

Why now?

I didn't want him, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I stopped snapping.

I did what Femi would had wanted.

I punched him hard in his face.

I could hear gasps and screams from around but I didn't mind. Femi was still fighting to come out while the guy just staggered across the room, then when he finally regained his composure, he looked at me with a smirk on his face, using his hand to clean the blood coming out of his nose. The smirk on his face was really annoying that all I just wanted to do was to wipe it off. I tried moving closer to him but I was held back, I snapped my neck back and saw Jona and Nola holding me Back.

“He isn't worth it,” Jona said but I knew petty speeches like that wouldn't work on me, especially when Femi was fighting to take over the body, so I forced myself out of their hands and shot them a glare, they didn't say anything else to me, rather, they stepped back which gave me the opportunity to hasten towards the guy and hold him by the collar of his jacket, but he didn't struggle or fight back with me instead he was just smirking.

“Aren't you going to hit me?”

He asked raising a eyebrow at me. I didn't release my grip from his collar instead I tightened my grip because I was losing it slowly, Femi was making me lose it slowly. My breathe was coming out harshly and roughly as it took every nerve in my body to restraint myself from hitting him to prevent any further damages. “Don't be a coward, hit me, or is mummy going to beat you?”

I released him.

Time stopped.

Femi stopped fighting. He slept back.

He mentioned our mum. I looked at him again and he still had that smirk on his face as he adjusted his ruffled jacket. I felt frail and enfeebled, the whole room was turning as I remembered my mum, I couldn't move from the spot I was, it felt like I lost hold over my legs, and my head was spinning. Then I saw Nola and jona go over to meet the guy and they escorted him outside with two other men's, but I didn't stop looking at the guy till he was out.

“Don't be a coward, hit me, or is mummy going to beat you?”

Those words couldn't stop playing in my head in as much as I tried to kick it out, he hit a very vital spot in me when he mentioned my mum, he brought back memories I didn't want.