The Room of Requirment

Start from the beginning

"Yes. Follow me." Harry answered quickly before leading us through a few crowded halls, up some more stairs, and to an empty wall on the seventh floor.

The room was cluttered from the floor to the celeing. Mountains of junk lay everywhere, books, jewelry, furniture. If you needed something, it was defintely lost in one of these piles.

A grin formed on Harry's face as he looked around the room. "Hey, y/n? Do you remeber that time we-"

"Do not finish that sentence." Ron warned.

"Well, they don't just call it the come and go room for a no reason." I joked, smiling as Ron fake gagged.

"Not the time, you two." Hermione said as she pulled out her wand and began walking further into the room.

I followed close behind her through the twisty make shift hallways.

"What is it?" Ron asked. 

I turned to see Harry had stopped walking and was looking towards a large pile. I followed his eye line to a dusty brown box. Nothing seemed to be special about the box but Harry was already walking towards it.

He careully opened it to reveal a shiny tiara with a blue gem in the middle. He slowly took it out of the box and raised it for us to see.

"Well, well. What brings you here, Potter?" A familar voice from down the hall asked.

Draco, Goyle, and Blaise had their wands pointed directly at us.

"I could ask you the same." Harry answered as he too, pulled out his wand.

"You have something of mine. I'd like it back."

"What's wrong with the one you have?" I asked as I nodded my head towards the wand in his hand. Harry has his so he must have borrowed someone else's.

"It's my mother's. It's powerful, but it's not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. Know what I mean?"

"Why didn't you tell her?" Harry asked. "Bellatrix. You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Draco looked nervous at his words. 

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat." Goyle whispered to him.

Honestly, if Hermione, Ron, Goyle, and Blaise weren't here, I bet Draco would have stood down. His need for his father's approval is why he does a large portion of the dumb stuff he does.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione yelled, catching him off guard. The wand flew out of his hand and he quickly retreated.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle yelled to Hermione.

I shot a spell back at him just in time to avoid him hitting Hermione. The tiara flew high into the air, over one of the piles.

"That's my girlfriend, you numpties!" Ron yelled as he chased after them. Hermione smiled at his words as I turned to her in suprise.

"Girlfriend?" I repeated.

"It's-I'll tell you later." She waved off, the smile on her face still growing.

I followed after Harry, who was already climing the pile to get to the tiara. A cornish pixie nearly sent me falling down.

The three of us tossed junk out of the way as we climbed up higher and higher.

"Got it!" Harry exclaimed.

I stopped digging and jumped down. A peered around the corner at a loud thudding noise. 

"Run!" Ron yelled frantically as he sped towards us. "Goyle's setting the bloody place of fire!" 

He pushed past us and grabbed Hermione's arm. A huge firey snake erupted from behind him and charged right at us.

I ran as fast as I could away from the growing fire. Everything it passed set a flame. Soon this entire room will have burned to a crisp.

Harry sent a spell flying back. It knocked over enough stuff the momentarily block the fire from spreading. 

We continued running from the flames. I am not dying in a fire started by bloody Greggory Goyle.

We turned a sharp corner where more fire was waiting. We're surrounded. 

I set a huge bubble charm over us and looked around for some escape. Thankfully, Harry had noticed a set of brooms sitting next to us. 

He quickly tossed one to each of us. I mounted mine just as the bubble charm broke and we had to keep moving.

Ron lead us over the fire to the door. "Come on this way!"

Shit.

Draco.

"We can't leave them!" I yelled before turning around to go find them.

"She's joking, right?" I could hear Ron ask. 

I scanned through the mountains of burning furniture for a tuff of white-blonde hair. He and Blaise were at the top of one of the piles, hanging on for dear life.

I flew down to their level and held out my arm for Draco to grab on. He held on tight and mounted the broom behind me.

"Thank you, thank you." He whispered.

"Anytime." I sighed in annoyance as I flew back towards the door. Harry was behind me with Blaise on the back of his broom.

The fire was still growing, making the exit seem farther and farther away.

"If we die for them, y/n, I'm going to kill you!" Ron called.

Hermione shot a spell at the fire blocking the door. It moved away enough for the six of us to get through without being burned.

The fire hit the back of my broom just as we were leaving and it sent Draco and I tumbling to the ground just outside the door.

"Harry!" Hermione called as she tossed the basilisk fang towards him.

He caught it and immediately smashed it into the tiara. A huge black smoke arose from it. Ron kicked it into the now burning Room of Requirement and it erupted into the flames.

"Harry." I said as I hurried over to him and cupped his cheeks. "Harry, snap out of it. It's ok."

He gasped like he had just took his first breath of air in years before his breathing slowed and he clutched my arm. 

"It's-It's the snake. She's the last one.........and I know where he is."

--------------------------------------------

(1361 Words - Published January 29, 2021)

I wonder what they did in the Room of Requirment......