Chapter 3: Do Pastels and Black Mix?

Mulai dari awal

(Y/N): "You mind *huff* explaining why the hell *puff* we ran down here?!" I yell as I glare at my bandmates.

O: "Calm down (Y/N). We were running so we could catch the bus."

(Y/N): "The bus?! Did we really have to run to get there?!"

I: "Ah! I-Im sorry.."

I sigh a heavy sigh, probably my longest this week.

(Y/N): "It's okay. Just please explain to me why we ran here. The bus isn't even here yet!"

O: "Alright. We're not sure of this, but usually when we're going home, the bus tends to be crowded on Mondays, Wednesdays and especially Fridays."

I mean, I guess that makes sense. Mondays and Fridays are usually pretty important for workers and students alike.

N: "We also noticed that on Tuesdays and Thursdays the busses are almost always empty. We're able to head to the train station without any unpleasantries."

I: "It's been pretty consistent, so we assumed this was the case every week.."

R: "Which is why we ran! Even I have to run for things!"

I blink out of confusion then shake my head. It isn't the most logical thing, but if it worked for them I guess it could work today.

(Y/N): "Fine. But if the bus isn't here in 10 minutes, I'm walking.", I say impatiently.

R: "It's fine. I predict with my magical powers that the bus will be here in 5 minutes~!"

I see the phone in your hand you know.

True to his word, the bus arrived around 4 minutes later, and true to their predictions, the bus was nearly empty. The only people in the bus was a mother and her baby in a stroller right in front of her, and a girl with glasses around my age looking pretty intently at her phone. We payed the fare and moved to the back of the bus, where we sat facing each other.

(Y/N): "Why is the bus empty? Aren't people going home from school and work at this time?"

They grinned and shrugged. They also had no idea why the bus was empty at the time. But, we weren't complaining, as we were able to have a seat and quietly talk amongst ourselves.

The conversation bounced all over the place, from band practice to schoolwork, then to the idol band named Pastel*Palettes. The idol agency we were visiting housed the band and we assumed we were supposed to deliver the envelope from Tsukishima-san to Pastel*Palettes. The writing 'Pastel*Palettes' confirmed this.

R: "Pastel*Palettes is pretty popular riiiiight? I've watched a lot of them on TV cuz' my mom keeps playing it.."

O: "They are. I've listened to quite a few of their songs, and they're pretty good. Though, not as good as us," he added with a wink.

I sighed with a small smile on my face. I remember seeing them once on TV, my sister was playing it. She's a big fan of Pastel*Palettes, she even bought a couple of their single CDs with her extra money. I managed to catch a few of their songs while cooking when she played them in her room. After discussing it, O insisted that we covered one of their songs. We decided to cover 'Zettai Sengen ~Recital~' for our Halloween special, with O on main vocals. I swear, if he didn't join NOIRE, he would've became a boy idol or something.

After seeing that they sometimes practiced/performed at CiRCLE, I did a little research. The band consists of 5 members, Maruyama Aya, child actress Shirasagi Chisato, Wakamiya Eve, Hikawa Hina and Yamato Maya. Their first live was a disaster, they were supposed to fake play the instruments and something went wrong, but they gained popularity after properly learning how to play instruments. They now regularly perform live and appear live on TV.