How We Freak Out

Spiders, sharks, or maybe even creepy clowns make us freak out. We are so afraid, we forget everything, tense up, and run away. Whenever the time is right maybe we will overcome our fear, stand up to whatever haunts your deepest thoughts.

          The night of the Promenade had arrived. It was all of the sudden came out of nowhere. I was glad that Sammy and I made up since she asked Nick to go with her. It would have been a very awkward dinner with her. I was in the bathroom trying to fix my hair.

“Hurry up in the bathroom, I have to look nice to ya know!” She yelled as she was banging out the door. “I’m almost finished.” I said putting on my diamond studded earrings. “At least I have a date unlike you. You have no one to impress.” She said. Yet as much as I wanted to bang her head on the bathroom sink, she was right; I had no one to impress. I ruined all my opportunities to have a date. I open the door and let Sammy in.

“Sorry.” She murmured. “It’s ok, I blew it with James. It is all my fault, maybe I’ll see him there.” I said. “Maybe, I heard he wasn’t going, due to heartbrokenness.” Sammy said. She was right on that part, the last time I saw him he was heartbroken, and the one that did the breaking was me. “I feel horrible.” I said. “Don’t be, he’s an ass.” Sammy reassured me that I made the right decision by telling him the truth. Nick walked up the stairs, with his white tuxedo, with a pink vest and tie to match Sammy’s dress.

“Are you ready my—” He was stunned by Sammy’s beauty since she hardly ever dresses up. “Whoa you look.” He said. Sammy had on a strapless dress with soutache floral design in tonal shades of pink. Drop waist. Detachable pink satin bow. That Hits above knee. “Sexy I know.” She finished for him. “I was going to say beautiful.” He smiled at her. She looked into his eyes and could tell he wasn’t like most guys in high school. “Aw, Thanks.” She snorted. “Aw, vomit.” I snarled.

She hit me in the arm. “Just get out of the bathroom and way to ruin the moment.” She snarled back. She rushes in the bathroom and closes the door. I take a deep breath and look at the clock. Nick stands by me. “How do I look?” I said as I turned to show him the dress. It was a red fantastic slinky satin, A-line gown with a sweetheart neckline delicately embellished with lace and softly lined under the bustline with a beautiful pleated satin band.

“You look very pretty, I’m gonna have to chase those boys off tonight, I just know it.” Nick said, trying to act like a father figure, too bad it didn’t work. “Please don’t.” I begged. “Kidding,” He chuckled. He paces back and forth and looked at his watch. “Crap, ok we have to go, I made reservations at 8 and its 7:50.” He said. I quickly walked to the bathroom door, and knocked as hard as I could until my knuckles were red. “We’re gonna be late for dinner!” I exclaimed. She walked out of the bathroom, and brushed herself off.

“Sorry, where are we going?” Sammy asked. “Bremer’s BBQ.” He said. Sammy and I looked at each other. If you’re dressed up in beautiful 300 dollar dresses, Bremer’s BBQ is the last place you would want to go to. It was the 3 dangers of fancy dining. Finger foods, loud music and people, and did I mention the greasy finger foods. “Ugh, gross.” I said. “Joke. I got them at Merde Jupe.” He chuckled. Merde Jupe is the complete opposite of Bremer’s BBQ. It was the 3 essentials to fine dining. Wonderful servers, light live music, and breathtaking food.  “Thank God.” I said.

          Nyland reach his destination, the Whittakers home.  He was wearing a black tuxedo with a blue bow tie and blue cumber bund. He rang the doorbell and Jaylynne answered. Jaylynne was wearing a blue extravagant tulle ball gown with a deep plunging neckline that was feminine and dramatic. Sophisticated yet sassy at the same time.