Chapter 9: Transitions

Liam pulls into the driveway. He gets out and grabs his bag out of the back of the car. Cori had already made it to the porch. He chuckles.

"Someone is eager." He teases.

"No, I just have a surprise for you, but I need twenty minutes to get everything ready." Cori tries to keep her voice from giving away her slight nervousness.

She knows that she wants this more than anything. She hopes that she can finally put all her insecurities behind her, even if it is just for the weekend. Liam smiles at her before kissing her on her forehead. God, she loved how he did this. It always seemed to calm her nerves.

"Kitten, you don't have to do anything but be you, for me," Liam whispers in her ear before he kisses her neck. "I don't need anything special, just you."

Cori places a sweet kiss on his lips, "Come to my room in 15," she purrs against his lips, kissing him quickly. She runs up the stairs with Liam's bag.

Liam stands staring at the stairs but decides to go into the kitchen to make them a light snack. He plans on keeping her up for a while, and they would definitely need the energy. If he is honest with himself, he would be able to say that he has been waiting for this moment and he wants it to be everything for her, but at the same time, in his mind, he is a little apprehensive that she may regret this weekend.

Liam walks slowly upstairs, making his way to Cori's room. He slowly pushes the door open, and the room is illuminated with candles all around. He smiles to himself. No woman has gone through this for me. He sits the food and drinks in a clear space on the chest of drawers. He sits on the end of the bed. What have I done to deserve her? He sits bent over elbows resting on his knees, head hanging down.

Hearing the latch of the bathroom door, he looks up. His mouth drops open. She is always beautiful beyond description, but to see her, standing before him, in a chamise that sheer except for the lace strategically covering her breast with a pair of lacy black panties. He has no words. She has taken his breath away.

Seeing the worry on her face, he stretches out his hand to her. She takes and walks until she is standing in between his legs.

"Damn, I can't seem to find the words to describe how beautiful you are or how lucky I am to call you mine." Liam pulls her to straddle him.  Looking around the room, "No one has gone through all this for me. I should be the one doing this for you." He kisses her soft lips.

"You have already done more than you know. And I want this to be special."

"Just being with you is special, and I meant what I said. I will wait until you no longer doubt that you are ready to take the next step. Please understand. No one is going to take me away from you, no one. I am right where I want to be, share my life with the woman who I don't deserve, but I am going to make sure as hell, she knows how much I love her; that she is it for me."

Cori leans into his hands that is cradling her cheek. He is always putting her feeling first. He is always willing to go at her pace. He never rushes or turns away from her. He puts her needs before his own. She kisses him—every atom of her body pouring love into the kisses.

They could not hold each other tight enough. If their bodies could have fused into each other, it still would not be close enough. She breaks the kiss motions for Liam to scoot back until he reaches the pillows behind them. He is reclining on the pillows when she once again straddles his legs.

His hands roam her body as he grazes into her eyes. He never breaks eye contact as he hooks his left hand at the base of her head and pulls her forward; he kissed her again. His tongue seeking to dance with hers. He is the air she breathes at this moment. His hands entangled in her curls. He tugs, eliciting a moan from her.