Chapter 5: Delays

Flashback

Bastiano had cut the other fighters for the next three days. He told them some gym business had to be taken care of in Mathew's absences. He informed that they must return to campus on Sunday night no later than 7 PM or there would be hell to pay.

The smell of dinner permeates Liam's bungalow when Corinne had returned to his bungalow after gone home to shower and change into jeans and her most comfy oversized light sweater. Her loose curls cascading in her face, Liam was awestruck.

"Ummm, you do know you are about to burn dinner right?" Cori smirks.

"Well, then I suggest you stop being so distracting." Liam chuckles.

"Well, remember I still haven't decided whether I was keeping you around." Cori purrs.

Before Liam could continue, there was a know on the door, followed by everyone just filing in.

"Blossom!!!!" Max envelopes her in a crushing hug. "I didn't know, I swear, I wish I would have been nosier. I am sorry that man was an asshole."

"Max, let the girl breathe," Drakes grumbles.

Max blushes as he realizes he was squeezing a little too hard. "Sorry, Blossom."

Leon walks over to the stove. "Yummmm...you know how much I love your pasta carbonara. Where is the wine." Leon asks while getting down the wine glasses. He smiles as he watches Corinne start setting the table for Liam without him even asking.

Corinne finishes the table and then walks over to get a bowl and cloth tea towel and places the garlic knots in them and sets them on the table. The way Liam and Corinne move with ease around each other in the kitchen was not lost on their audience. The men all had smiles on their faces, well maybe not Drake.

The group eats and talks about all that they have learned. Corinne sits listening to them and thinking about what is at stake. She remembers what this gym meant to her father, she looks back at all the work she has done to get it to the point it is now. It would be a shame to throw it all away.

"Leon, Rashad says that I need a good lawyer, I don't know if it is possible, but can you help me until I can find one for the gym?" she asks.

"Well, Cori, I can. So does this mean that you are keeping the gym?" Leon smiles.

"I didn't go to school for nothing, and I have been the one who does everything behind the scenes anyway. The only thing I didn't do is the ledgers. I am sure that Mattie has already drained the bank accounts so, I will have to figure out how to pay all the utilities until we can get money into the bank." Corinne holds her head in her hands then looks up. "Drake, Liam, looks like you two are going to have a little sparring to bring in some money in the meantime."

"Surething, Cori. Well thanks for dinner, but I need to get home. Need to see my girls." Drake kisses Cori's forehead.

"Tell Kyra, I will be over sometime tomorrow, I need my baby fix." Cori smiles.

"Oh, Drake, can I come with Blossom? Please?" Max looks like the human version of a hyper puppy.

"Only if Cor, promises to watch you," Drake smirks.

"Hey, babies love me. I am their fun Uncle Max!" Maxwell retorts.

"Thanks for dinner, Li. I guess I see you in the ring. I will try to take it easy on you." Drake smirks, then heads home.

"Well, Corinne, since it seems you are going to make a go of the gym. How would you like an investor? You will still have full control. Of course." Rashad asks.